PDA

View Full Version : Scenes from Tahoe.

Artchrispy
06-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi The Green Lodge and Red Barn are 11x14 and are scenes from Lake Tahoe, California painted for a friend for a nominal fee. I also did her a tighter version of the red barn (the last one) which is 16x20. I painted the small red bar last in case she didn't like the larger version (since I don't like it myself,) but she ended up wanting them both. Which red barn is better?

anyway, thanks in advance . Comments and crits are welcome. It was fun trying to capture 'dusk' in both paintings, with the added challenge of doing 'wet' in the red barn scene.

Imogene Thomas
06-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Personally, I like the last red barn because of the refined lines and definition.

ColinS
06-21-2015, 10:45 PM
These are both really good, Christopher. I especially like the fine colour in the distant mountains of the first, as well as the approach in your cropped version.

Of the two barns there are elements of each I like better. I love the trees and the light posts in the first. But I think I like the barn a little better in the second.

purplepansey
06-22-2015, 06:23 AM
I like them and especially the red barns

LavenderFrost
06-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Nice work. I do like the more refined version of the barn better.

Artchrispy
06-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks Jt,Colin, Purple and Michelle!

thetech
06-27-2015, 06:19 AM
I like the looser painted barn better. Though I do like them both. There is something about the road in the tighter one that I don't like, it came out much better in the looser version.

CinderellaG
06-27-2015, 07:37 AM
I also like the looser Verizon of the barn, it looks "wetter". The light in the loose version really looks reflective and it puts me in mind of dusk and lights just coming on after a rain. Love it!
the tighter version the road doesn't " lay down". Lights aren't shining in the misty air. Nice painting though..