PDA

View Full Version : Portrait from magazine

EnPassant
06-20-2015, 04:49 PM
This is a portrait from a magazine. I interpreted the colours loosely. As always your helpful comments are appreciated.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2015/1966540-SocialMagGirl.JPG

Imogene Thomas
06-20-2015, 05:09 PM
I would be interested to know your formula for the facial color tones, shadows? Very nice. Can you give her some eyelashes?

EnPassant
06-20-2015, 05:18 PM
I would be interested to know your formula for the facial color tones, shadows? Very nice. Can you give her some eyelashes?

Hello JT. The flesh colours are simply cad. red, cad. Yellow with a fleck of French Ultramarine to cool the down. Shadows are purple, mixed with Aliz. Crimson and Cerulean blue, if I remember correctly. I might have used a little Mars Black in the deep shadows. I often use sap green + black for shadows. I also, on impulse, used a cerulean blue mix for light shades round the eyes. White + lemon in highlights. Aliz. Crimson + sap green in cheeks.

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Good capture of the expression and nice skin tones.

You will be careful though when copying from other sources won't you! It's possible to infringe copyright and you don't want to go there!:)
In other words - use for educational/learning purposes only, not for sale or show.