PDA

View Full Version : Question, painting a photo of acid wash jeans, technique

lisaxaphona
06-19-2015, 01:07 AM
Does anybody have any tips for painting a picture where the person is wearing grey acid wash type jeans with acrylic paint. I was going to upload a google image photo but the fourm won't let me.

Anyways, in the photo I am painting these are really up close (so close that under the knee takes up about half of the photo) I want to try my best at it because they kind of make the picture, so I don't want to just settle for blue jeans or something to make it easier. I cannot think of how to blend the colors and make the effect so it actually looks like these jeans and it doesn't look like some grey mess.
I'm using acrylic paint.

cem
06-19-2015, 02:04 AM
My guess would be dry brush. Seeing the photo might help.

hunterpaul
06-19-2015, 03:53 AM
def seeing the photo would help

chammi kaiser
06-19-2015, 09:12 AM
If you are looking for a colour for blue jeans, indigo with a touch of cobalt blue (plus white to get the tone of colour correct) works well when painting jeans.

ColinS
06-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the Forum lisaxaphona. You probably weren't able to upload your image because you don't have sufficient posts. I believe you have to have made at least 2 posts before uploading, so try again, because the grey colour you are after would be good to see before people would feel confident giving advice.

Charlie's Mum
06-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Welcome Lisa - if the photo ref is your own, you should now be able to upload it -
OR
make a general post first (to give you 3 posts) then try

As long as the image you post is your own, or you have permission to use it, that's OK
If you are wanting to paint from someone else's painting please just post a link to where you have seen the work.