PDA

View Full Version : Zibra Brushes

ocmd123
06-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Hey all, while I usually hang out in the CP Forum, I have been doing more acrylics lately. Last week, while getting supplies to paint my fireplace, I stumbled on a display of Zibra brushes (http://www.enjoyzibra.com/) at Lowes. (I see that Amazon and Home Depot carry them, as well.) I picked up the round and the square, and I am really, truly in love with them, especially the round. I just got a second round one, and picked up the triangle. I like big brushes to lay in the first layers, and these do a wonderful job. They are sturdy, well-made brushes that will really take a beating. And at about $9 a brush, you can't beat it! Just thought I'd share. :)

Mike L
06-18-2015, 12:30 PM
What size canvases/boards are you using them on? Natural or synthetic bristles? I presume acrylic paint, but how do you think they will stand up to oils? Any trouble cleaning?

I didn't see any round ones on Zibra's web site or on Amazon, but I read some Amazon reviews on the triangle brush, none of which were less than 3 stars. One reviewer said he'd bought them at $2.86 each (Feb, 2015), so I'll wait until that price is back before I buy.

Thanks for pointing them out.

R/Mike

ocmd123
06-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Mike, these are marketed for use on home painting projects, so they are synthetic bristles. I'm not always gentle with my brushes, so I have several hardware store brushes in my collection, and they are some of my favorite brushes. I am using them with acrylic. I imagine they'd do just fine with oils. I am using them on a 24x24 birch panel at the moment.

Lady Carol
06-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi Elaine. Fancy seeing you over here. Welcome to the darker side :evil:
Any way I think I need to check out Home Depot next time I am in there for those brushes

stapeliad
06-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Those brushes look ridiculously fun.

ocmd123
06-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Well, hello, Miss Carol.:wave::D

Those brushes look ridiculously fun.

They are ridiculously fun!

Dcam
06-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Elaine: wow, another toy for me.....don't tell the wife.
Thanks so much.

Derek:wave:

idylbrush
06-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Thank you, will be checking it out.

stapeliad
06-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Elaine: wow, another toy for me.....don't tell the wife.
Thanks so much.

Derek:wave:

Get me a set and I don't tell the wife on you. :evil:

Dcam
06-24-2015, 09:00 PM
"Stinker" :angel: