PDA

View Full Version : June 15th's Marker Pen Cityscape...

JayCeeGee
06-15-2015, 02:46 AM
...from pics taken in the backstreets of Clapham, SW London, the other afternoon...

JayCeeGee
06-15-2015, 02:47 AM
I should have made sure we can see the tree completely in the ground, not 'cut off' like this. It gives it a bad feel. Oh well - next time...

AnnieA
06-15-2015, 04:49 PM
I should have made sure we can see the tree completely in the ground, not 'cut off' like this. It gives it a bad feel. Oh well - next time...
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. It's not a big deal, imho, but if it really bothers you, I think you could put some of the brown that you've used in the planting area to cover up the bottom edge of the tree - I don't think anyone would notice that you've gone over it, especially since the brown area is pretty textured already. But use your own judgement about that suggestion - I don't really know your medium that well.

I think you have a terrific sense of what to put in and what to leave out, Jay. And this one is another example of that. And, like this one, your marker paintings are always bathed in a beautiful light quality. Actually, I think you'd probably make an excellent oil painter.

JayCeeGee
06-16-2015, 01:38 PM
I think you have a terrific sense of what to put in and what to leave out, Jay. And this one is another example of that. And, like this one, your marker paintings are always bathed in a beautiful light quality. Actually, I think you'd probably make an excellent oil painter.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm intending to move into the Watercolour/ Mixed Media world soon... Ulp...