PDA

View Full Version : Nebula

Lady Carol
06-14-2015, 12:02 PM
A slightly different technique than the last few I have posted. This I just thinned the paint with water and it is a mix of thinned and not thinned paint.
C&C appreciated. Thanks for looking.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jun-2015/11811-DSC02349-sm.jpg

Bob in Florida
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Nice, and nice technique. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Mike L
06-14-2015, 04:15 PM
I liked it. Then I didn't. Then I looked again and liked it. Not going to look again.:wink2:

A title suggestion - Assassiner dans le Musée du Louvre (Murder in the Louvre Museum). Not meant to be facetious or snarky.
R/Mike

bluefish
06-14-2015, 04:53 PM
"South Philly Sandwich"????:rolleyes:

Lady Carol
06-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Thanks bob, mike and blue.
Mike I am the same as you.......I am oscillating between liking/not liking too. But I think I have landed on the not liking end of the stick.

Valri Ary
06-14-2015, 07:49 PM
The best part about acrylics is they can be painted over if you don't like it, Carol.
I just sold a painting that had been painted over 3 times. I guess it's true, 3rd times a charm!!

ColinS
06-14-2015, 07:56 PM
It's an interesting technique Carol, but I think this one may have so much red that it needs some other colour for the eyes to rest. A little shot of blue or a yellow might have given the composition another dimension and blunted the feeling of "assassiner".

On the other hand, this might be just what someone wants for their New York loft apartment.

It is certainly a great style of abstract.

Lady Carol
06-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys.
I have decided to press on and continue experimenting. After all I am a scientist and that is what I do in real life. I might as well experiment at home as well. I will get what I am after...... just need to travel down the road a bit further. Stay tuned and future apologies for the crap that I might post :D

bluefish
06-15-2015, 01:47 PM
maybe one of the 'drug firms' will want to decorate their offices with them...:clap: ....."Diseases Being Abolished".....:thumbsup: