PDA

View Full Version : Bloom

Lady Carol
06-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Play'n around. This was harder than the others as it is much larger. I had to use fingers in places to get the coverage and it created a nice interest especially along the top and bottom. The purple is interference paint and adds an interesting element to the pour.

Honestly I am not sure where I want to go with this technique. They are fun to do and completely opposite to my usual style, but I have a somewhat unsatisfactory feeling with these. Dunno. Maybe I just have not finished traveling down this road and need to take it a little further before I abandon the concept.

16 X 20 inches. C&C always appreciated.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2015/11811-DSC02348-sm.jpg

bluefish
06-12-2015, 05:09 PM
I see a 'chicken' :clap:

cliff.kachinske
06-12-2015, 05:31 PM
I hope you find a way to keep goingwith these. I love'em.

ColinS
06-12-2015, 11:57 PM
This one is gorgeous, Carol.

I see a dragon in there.

Idlewilde
06-13-2015, 03:08 AM
Beautiful colours, love the effect!
Cheers, Ian.

Mike L
06-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Magnificent choice of colors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They seem to jump right out and grab the viewer. What did you use? Is it on stretched canvas or canvas board, or something else altogether?

Does this style of applying color to the canvas have a name?

R/Mike

gaykir
06-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Stunning. Love the vibrancy!

brusher
06-13-2015, 11:38 AM
I see a lot of motion,depth and I love the way the colors play against each other!
Cathy

Charlie's Mum
06-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Like everything about this one C.
Have you thought of hanging them in a group? They'd look good together, make quite an impact! :)

mellybean
06-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Wow, love the colors! I find my eyes darting from color to color on this one to try and soak it all in!

chammi kaiser
06-14-2015, 03:53 AM
Carol, you have a very good sense of colour and this shows in your abstract experiments. It isn't easy to go off on a tangent in one's work and of course you will have doubts. Perhaps this is just a 'therapeutic phase' for you!! Good idea of Maureen's to place these in a group.

Lady Carol
06-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Thank you blue, Colin, Cliff, Ian, Mike, Gayle, Cathy, M, mellybean, Chammi. The encouragement has helped me to keep on with these experiments and see where this goes a little more.

Mike, the technique is pouring. Buy pouring medium from Liquitex. This stuff dries clear because of that feature it is quite cool, although it can be quite thick in places on the canvas. Other pouring mediums don't dry quite so clear and that whitens the color. Any way, mix in the colour of choice. I use disposable shot glasses for this. It is better not to have too many colors. I have 4 in this piece. then pour the color on the canvas and shake it around or allow it to flow together. Let it dry. It is fun but messy. The pouring medium has hard to get off hands when dry so I use gloves.

This is on canvas. I have tried it on backer board but it was not very successful as the board warped when it dried.

Bob in Florida
06-14-2015, 04:24 PM
I see the dragon also Colin. :) I like this technique and am going to give it a try. Hope you don't think I'm copying you Carol, but I've been wanting to do something abstract but can't seem to get started. It's hard for me to get lose. I tend to always go back and correct myself. lol. Very nice painting.

Lady Carol
06-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Bob...go for it. I did not invent the technique. :D All I am doing is playing with what others have created already e.g. pouring medium. I hope you can get it to work better than I have. Just remember it is hard to get off your hands after it has dried. But aside from that it is kind a cool to play this way.

Jackie339
06-15-2015, 07:37 AM
I know exactly what you mean! It's great to play and you never know where it will lead you!

LavenderFrost
06-15-2015, 11:52 AM
I also love the colours. It's fun to look at and let your imagination go.

joao_hvp
06-17-2015, 02:43 PM
bright and vibrant colors very nice