View Full Version : Buy Art SketchBook

Ray Berry
06-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Where can I buy an art sketchbook to make a journal, preferably in the UK?


Shannon Expat
06-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Any art supply store and most stationary stores will carry bound blank page journals that you can use. If you are planning to use wet media such as watercolours you will need to pick one with suitable paper so might have to go to an art supply store.

I personally prefer the coil bound Stillman and Birn brand. They have several paper type options.

06-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I also vote for Stilman and Birn sketchbooks. There are a variety of different types depending on what sort of paper you are after. The only place in the UK I have come across that sells them is Jacksonsart.com. I have only ever had brilliant service from them.

06-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Look up Ken Bromley (http://www.artsupplies.co.uk/)

Also check out The Range (http://www.therange.co.uk/)..

06-10-2015, 06:57 AM
I also vote for Stilman and Birn sketchbooks

I bought one not so long ago and I love it :)

Ray Berry
06-11-2015, 09:20 AM
I have looked for Stillman and Birn here in the UK, I cannot find any so I emailed them but they haven't replied.

06-11-2015, 02:06 PM
That's strange. They usually have excellent customer service.

06-28-2015, 05:04 AM
Jacksons online sell S&B over here

... I vote for them too. I can use anything at all in them and it copes with it all. You can see some of the work I've done in them here (http://sitekreator.com/viviensketches/stillman-and-birn-sketchbooks.html) if you are interested. I've used watercolour, pencil, charcoal, pastel, acrylic, ink, oil paint, collage ... You name it and I've used it in them!

06-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Hi Ray, here is a links to Jacksons art where they have the range of SandB sketchbooks. I have three different kinds, my favourite is the Zeta, lovely smooth heavyweight paper, but it depends what your favourtie medium is to what surface you choose.