PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michelangelo-June 2015

trafford
06-03-2015, 07:15 AM
It's June and I'm freezing. I'd like it a little warmer...sort of between paying for heat and paying for A/C.

June is a lovely month because all the greenery is still new. I used to look at the trees as a green blob, but now I can see the different shades and they are beautiful.

Well, anyway welcome to a new month. We have June's lovely butterflies and some hats and a left over paint along. That should do us for a while

What are you all up to? :heart: :heart:

Nickel
06-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Sorry I've been missing. Have been fighting an upper respiratory infection for nearly four weeks. Fever, cough, flu like symptoms have felt horrible, and want to hide under the bed. Like you Janet, it's freezing here.
Looking forward to contribute with butterflies, hats, and the paint-along.

tyree
06-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Hey Art Buddies...the Cafe Michelangelo's a little slow this month:eek: It is so hot this morning,,,i tried to do some weeding and take care of the outside cats, but came back in to the cool...it would sure be nice to have a pool..Ive been doing some art lately, im really into drawing minature size,,i like drawing small and working with composition to make it interesting...Ive also started back into reading again,,,when i lost most of my site to cataracts last year, i stopped reading..(i should have stopped driving too:evil: ) so i picked up a book at WallyWorld yesterday and have been reading it this morning...the book is Zoo by James Patterson,,,i liked the picture of the lions eye on the front:lol: and bought it....apparently its going to be a show on tv too...i have been reading art magazines..but i wanted something with a story ! Oh Well...hows everyone else...Ready for July ! :heart: tyree:wave:

Nickel
06-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi Susan, and other readers:wave: It's ok to write here.

There is a thread over in debates that proposes Wetcanvas is dying. Lots of true post over there. All I can say is I am not dead. If by chance this forum disappears, dies, I shall have an Irish wake, lots of beer drinking, dancing, loving and say she/he/it had a good life!:evil: Then continue on with life, play, live, love. And it's hot here now, over 90 for two weeks, so I'll be hot too while I mourn.

tyree
06-30-2015, 06:19 AM
that post is now gone Nickel :eek: ...I do know that in the summertime it is slower in here...probably a lot will disagree with me..but, I think encouragement and compliments do help artists...some think they have to critique..i only believe in that if you ask for help, or you are doing a photo realistic drawing, and someone can catch a detail you've missed...I never put c and c's on my threads:smug: I prefer not to have critiques..too sensitive I guess...tyree:wave:

Nickel
06-30-2015, 11:39 AM
probably a lot will disagree with me..but, I think encouragement and compliments do help artists...

I think so too. And I don't do critiques, I'm still learning myself. I may share what I know, or think I know, :angel: if asked or sometimes, I forget and say something but I do try and be nice.

They moved that thread over to WC discussions.

So I've been busy. Cooked bbq Sunday, took eight hours. Yum.That's all gone. Planning to make something special here for a small Fourth of July party. (Tomato Pie) Yall come over! Will play a game of darts, Pin the tale on the donkey, tells some jokes, paint the trees in the yard~

Where is Janet? Robin? Don't make me think you are both on a world cruise!:heart:

I've seen June, she is happily painting butterflies!:heart: :heart:

tyree
06-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Now that sounds like a wonderful 4th ! Please tell me what a tomato pie is...it sounds like a southern dish...my grandma use to make a tamalie pie...oh man was it ever good..it was so rich..she would make it every time we came over for dinner ....
I use to be very very good in darts,,, i play steel darts and plastic tip darts...i would should on teams and also in tournaments...not sure i could even hit the board now:eek: ...
i probably will be here myself with Henry...my HB is at a friends house, helping him re couperate from an operation...hes been very sick and needs help...so im glad hes there for him...
It will be a good time to draw and finish reading that book i started:thumbsup:
tyree:wave:

Nickel
07-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Hi Susan, hope your husband's friend recovers his health. So sorry for anyone who is in the hospital, it's a tough ride to be sick, and need help. I really hope they feel better soon.
Love that you have Henry and a good book to keep you company when you are not making art. Hope the weather is not too hot.

What got me started on a tomato pie was a road-side stop at a very small shrimp and produce stand in Murrells Inlet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murrells_Inlet,_South_Carolina) the place anyone goes in South Carolina for fresh seafood. So definitely I found the tomato pie in the South. It's just tomatoes, basil, maybe onions, baked with a cheese and mayo top. Just one of many regional dishes we tried. Going to try and recreate the memories by making the pie.

I just looked to see if I could find a recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/tomato-pie-recipe.html) to share, Paula Deen has one, so that qualifies it for sure that it's Southern if she makes it.

Do you make your grandma's tamalie pie?
I love to eat, cooking, making family traditional foods, they are the best to make and remember our loved ones.

tyree
07-01-2015, 06:32 AM
whooaaa...a cup of mayo! love mayo...grew up on my dad fixing me peanut butter and mayo sandwiches everyday for lunch...:D ...sounds like a really great recipe...my sisterinlaw and I have tried to duplicate grandmas pie,,,but it was never as good....I don't cook much anymore,,ive no family here..and we don't have much company..so our meals are pretty simple,,,one meat ..one vegie:rolleyes: ...when I get home tonight, im going to read about the area you posted....Hey...anyone can join me and my pal Nickel here...jump in...:thumbsup: tyree:wave:

azulparsnip
07-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi ya'll - we were on a three week drive out to Oklahoma and Texas......during the floods too, Folks in Oklahoma City their new shows have a full 15 minute segment every night on tornados......Visiting my daughter was kinda like a tornado. Her husband is a pain meds addict and has only one oar in the water, at least I HOPE that is a oar:rolleyes:

then my dear Bro in Texas. Got to see his son for the first time. Richard is 8 and a great kid. my Bro LOVES his son so much.....it made my heart feel so good.

gotta go right quick and hold something DHB is sawing on......

azulparsnip
07-01-2015, 02:53 PM
okay I'm back I think I'll post a July Cafe thread

any suggestions for what projects to do or extend?