PDA

View Full Version : Wild Strawberries

thevaliantx
06-02-2015, 04:33 PM
12x9" Acrylic. I went outside and gathered wild strawberries and coupled them with the 3 remaining bing cherries I saved from last night's snack. Once again I struggled to keep the paints wet, my brush gummed up and I completely forgot about working anything in the back in favor of the stuff in the front. Stupid me forgot that blue and yellow make green. Instead, I was trying to lighten phthalo green with white. Adding yellow to it wasn't even an option.

One of the things I want to do is learn how to draw with a brush.

Mike L
06-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Don't you hate it when you remember all that theory one brush stroke too late? :lol:

I like the piece. It lends itself to viewing repeatedly, which is something I look for in a painting, a photograph, or any piece of visual art. It would hang nicely in my kitchen. :thumbsup:

I like it as is, but are you planning to work more on it?

You seem pretty far along the learning curve of drawing with a brush. I can easily identify the different elements.

R/Mike

cliff.kachinske
06-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't know what you had in mind, but this has a nice loose, abstract quality. Colors are good and the brush strokes are bold and well placed.

thevaliantx
06-03-2015, 11:11 AM
I am going to leave it alone. What will end up happening if I try to work on it is that some areas won't be fixable and other areas will become more and more line - based.

LavenderFrost
06-03-2015, 11:39 AM
It's hard to remember everything we need to remember while painting. lol We keep learning though. You're lucky to have wild strawberries nearby. They're so tiny but taste so good.

thevaliantx
06-03-2015, 02:16 PM
My only goals right now are to use 3 values for each local color, to paint without lines ... using lines at the end for accents, and to keep the viewer from running off the end of the painting. It makes my day to see others stopping by to chat. I could go more into the details of life as a recluse ;)

Mike L
06-05-2015, 03:16 PM
... I could go more into the details of life as a recluse ;)

I am a natural born recluse. I hate with a passion those three people that just won't leave me be - me, myself, and I. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: