PDA

View Full Version : Making a Watercolor Sketchbook

Petitecakes
06-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Hi first time posting here :).

I don't know if this will be helpful or not..
but I made a DIY watercolor sketchbook video.
I'm sure a ton of you know how to bind your own books already
but if not.. hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3187ovmPINU

I'm using the chord binding technique for this particular binding~:wave:

eyepaint
06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Hiya! Happy June! Will check out the video later...

DrDebby
06-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Cool. Not the way I learned, but there is no one true way to make a book. Very clever. Thanks for sharing.

Joan T
06-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks. Interesting way to do the stitching. I hope you don't mind if I share this.

jmb57
06-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Very interesting!! I am actually searching for info to make my own sketchbook. I am undecided in making a block which would be easiest in not requiring stitching. I am scared of the sewing involved. It would be an interesting thread to see samples of hand made journals made by people here, maybe with instructions to help others like me!!😁

Petitecakes
06-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks. Interesting way to do the stitching. I hope you don't mind if I share this.

I don't mind at all! Thanks

Petitecakes
06-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Very interesting!! I am actually searching for info to make my own sketchbook. I am undecided in making a block which would be easiest in not requiring stitching. I am scared of the sewing involved. It would be an interesting thread to see samples of hand made journals made by people here, maybe with instructions to help others like me!!😁

I used to just fold the watercolor paper, line them all up, put heavy textbooks on top of them, and just glue the spines together and it worked great! But it didn't like to lie flat a lot and I don't think the sketchbook would have ended up archival.. I would love to see a thread like that too!

eyepaint
06-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Wonderful video - so clever. Thanks for sharing!

jmb57
06-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Would rally like to hear how others make their sketchbooks!
Saw someone on YouTube using tape, and another using no sewing method.