PDA

View Full Version : Some Fruit

thevaliantx
05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
10x8" Acrylic painted over an old painting on canvas board.

jocko500
05-31-2015, 07:24 PM
yes it is lively. well done maybe a little darker under the plate but not too much so it will sit down in the image. like a halve moon with the bigger part of the shadow in front and curves towards the back edge

thevaliantx
05-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Jocko. I forgot about the plate in my excitement to paint the orange slices and tried to fix the plate at the end. These are Galeria Acrylics. Is that student grade? I noticed that once I laid down darker colors some of the lighter ones were more transparent-like on top of the darker colors. How to go about painting the slices in few strokes? I think I would be happier painting in fewer strokes.

Charlie's Mum
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM
I can already see 'reduced' number of strokes!:)
This is quite energetic, due to your technique!
I like it - but even tho' you're using this block style, still try not to lose the form.
Your style is evolving and you're definitely improving - try not to be too impatient!:):)

ColinS
06-02-2015, 09:18 AM
George, this has a lot going for it. I really like the use of the Orange, yellow and the green you have used. Good energy between those colours. I understand what Maureen is saying, but I quite like the chunkiness of the shapes so they don't trouble me. The one area that maybe doesn't quite read right for me is the glass bowl behind the COI bowl. But really this is great. You have used the crispness of acrylics to good advantage.