PDA

View Full Version : June 1st's Marker Pen Cityscape...

JayCeeGee
05-31-2015, 01:09 PM
...this, a little mews halfway up Highgate Hill...

cmallav
06-10-2015, 10:57 AM
The lighting is perfect on this! I like the bent lines to the left. Nice work!

JayCeeGee
06-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks very much!

cjkok
06-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Wonderful, again...

Artchrispy
06-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Great light. The strokes and light remind me of Kim English (in marker.)

JayCeeGee
06-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Great light. The strokes and light remind me of Kim English (in marker.)

Wow - thanks - just looked her up - had no idea previously! She's great, but I don't want to look too much at others doing similar things, as I'd be concerned about - well, not plagiarism as such - more that I'd unwittingly imitate their approach or subjects. I just want to do my own thing without influence from others, but maybe this is an unrealistic approach. Maybe absorbing others' work could be useful. I'd be interested to hear what others think about this...

Artchrispy
06-14-2015, 09:22 PM
I'd say consume as much art as you possibly can for both instruction and inspiration. Kim is the type of painter you can learn from just by looking at his paintings. Kim's a man btw. He must have had interesting parents. :)

JayCeeGee
06-15-2015, 02:42 AM
I'd say consume as much art as you possibly can for both instruction and inspiration.

Yes, this makes sense, of course. It'd be unrealistic to attempt otherwise, so yes, that's what I've been doing. And will do more!

I suppose as long as one is aware of things, and one's own reaction, then it can only be beneficial...

Coincidentally enough, I actually went to school with a bloke called Kim. He was a nasty piece of work...