PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Whimsy Crosspost from Florals

Sharrm
05-29-2015, 07:47 PM
It's been a long time since I've posted any paintings here. :D
This was done for the monthly challenge in the floral forum for May.
Had to to do a Butterfly and a Flower. So this is my bit of whimsy....

Done with Golden Heavy Body, and Open Acrylics, and FW Acrylic Inks
on 5 X 7in Canvas with knives and brushes.
Used the opens and knives mainly with the Queen Anne's Lace flower. for texture and depth.
I like how it turned out.....Thanks for viewing :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2015/32965-PPMay2015ButterflyS.Marshall.jpg

KareBear94
05-29-2015, 09:35 PM
I like the texture and composition:clap: :thumbsup:

Karen :cat:

ColinS
05-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Well done Sharron. The butterfly is very elegant and I like your foliage.

LavenderFrost
05-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Very nice!

Sharrm
06-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Karen, Colin and Michelle, thanks guys for the lovely feedback much appreciated. big smile ..... Maureen -Charlie's Mum- has been saying
I should post more of my paintings on the forums, so you will be seeing more of me, now that I'm happily painting again....:wave:

Charlie's Mum
06-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Yes! You've come back!!! I'd like people to see more of your work because you do 'translucency' so well!:)

Love this black beauty against the delicate white flowers. :) ... and did you use clingfilm (food wrap) in the b/g?

Sharrm
06-02-2015, 07:30 AM
LOL thank you Mo, I had no idea I did that the translucency thingy ;) had to look it up, but if you say I do, I'll take it :D this is for you...:angel:
I was trying to decide what to do with the background, and I remembered how you always get a nice abstract kind of background with the saran wrap.
I hadn't done that for quite a while....but I hated waiting for it to dry, so it was only on there maybe half an hour,
and I took it off. It turned out ok, I played with some more bits of paint at the end.
The flutterby actually has iridescent blue and green inks on it, but it it's not showing up in the photo. but you can see it in real life when you look
at it different ways, and the real butterfly has that on its wings. I'd been wanting to use that ink.....;)
I've got to find another ref or think on a comp for another Butterfly and flower painting, I've posted this on Facebook, and have had some interest
for purchasing this one and another. I'm on a roll, if I sell these it will make 3 sales this week...All going toward a new kitchen floor, dearly needed... :wave: