PDA

View Full Version : Experimental

Lady Carol
05-29-2015, 09:54 AM
I have been playing with pouring paint and pouring medium. I will admit that this was a bit of a fluke :lol:
8X10 inches C&C always appreciated.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2015/11811-DSC02327-sm.jpg

gaykir
05-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Well it's a tremendously appealing fluke. Hope you have many more of them.

Lady Carol
05-29-2015, 10:20 AM
:D it would be nice to think I know what I am doing. Ah well. I bought a large size of flow medium and a ton of canvases.

Charlie's Mum
05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Well C, y'know what they say - the word begins with a 'P'!!!!!!!

Don't you just love all the nuances of movement and colour you get with this?

Exciting!

cliff.kachinske
05-29-2015, 11:13 AM
I really like this. Those colors are so vibrant and the mixing effects are terrific.

I did see a video where a lot of medium was poured on a canvas and it sagged in the middle, resulting in a deep puddle that took forever to dry. I suppose you could support the middle with a panel if you plan to pour heavily.

Anyway, nice job with this one.

LavenderFrost
05-29-2015, 11:41 AM
That looks really cool.

bluefish
05-29-2015, 11:48 AM
I'd call it "Dinner @ Maureen's"....:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, the colors are bold and striking...I really like it a lot....:thumbsup:

ColinS
05-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Really quite beautiful Carol. I like the blue in blue effect a lot.

"Dinner at Maureen's"? or "Breakfast for Blue"?

bluefish
05-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Colin...good one...it does look a lot like 'scrambled eggs and cranberries with blue cheese dressing'.....:evil: :lol: :lol:

Lady Carol
05-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Actually M, what you do not see is the interference colour that is in there. It adds another layer of depth.

Hey back at ya Cliff. I think a huge puddle will take a long time to dry. This is a fairly small canvas and it only took about an hour for it to be touch dry.

Thank you Michelle.

Blue thanks. :D

Colin :lol: Thank you.
I think you are right, Breakfast at Blue's.

Thanks for offering Blue. Is that what you will be serving...scrambled eggs and cranberries with blue cheese dressing....??? Yum!!!! NOT.

ColinS
05-29-2015, 07:05 PM
We often have pancakes with a syrup made from fresh blueberries. Swirl in a little maple syrup, a couple of ripe strawberries and I think it would resemble your painting quite well. Blue, there's your challenge.

Lady Carol
05-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Blue, I will be down for pancakes a la Colin's recipe. No blue cheese though.

bluefish
05-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Colin... I think you are right on...looking at the painting again, I see the pancakes, the strawberries and blueberry syrup.....it's all there!

now if only I could make it in the microwave?.....then I could serve it to Carol :thumbsup: any diners along the 'main line' Carol?

noodle1
05-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Carol I think it's cool and stimulates the mind I see so many different things fire spreading on water, a perfect background for fantasy. I bought this book about fantasy buildings the artist who painted them is amazing. I'm sure not up my alley, but kudos to you for trying you can do anything. I really like this but unlike the "guys" I don't see food. Haha figures they would tho. :lol: :smug:

bluefish
05-30-2015, 06:39 PM
if you don't see food..do you see......'Elaine drying herself with a blue towel after her shower?'...:lol: :lol: :lol

nice having you back :wave:

Andre Yusin
05-30-2015, 08:33 PM
This is very bold and colorful. I like this a lot - the almost unimaginable deeper blues in particular. You surely didn't let your materiel go to waste.

Lady Carol
05-31-2015, 08:01 AM
Hi Elaine and thanks for the comments. Yup of course blokes see food and now other things that blokes have on their minds.

Hi Andre thank you for commenting. This one the medium did not go to waste but I have two other panels where they were not as successful.

bluefish
05-31-2015, 11:40 AM
you read this 'bloke's' mind expertly!.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc Wiseman
05-31-2015, 01:28 PM
Quite a "fluke". Really great colors and mixing effects.

Doc