PDA

View Full Version : What is an icq Number?

CT
04-29-2000, 08:09 PM
Could you please tell me what the icq number is? I notice that some people have them and now I feel naked without one. Also, what is the difference between a "junior member" and a "senior member," etc...Thanks...CT

judih1
04-29-2000, 10:17 PM
dear nude CT

bodies are beautiful, but if u get an ICQ number, you'll be able to talk instantly 2 other folk w/o clothes.

Its a totally world wide system of instant messaging (many many use it). You can download it at www.mirabilis.com (http://www.mirabilis.com)
or www.icq.com (http://www.icq.com)

doesnt' take long to download. Then its a matter of noticing what your number is and telling your friends. Asking for others' numbers and when one of them is online, you'll be able to see instantly. (You'll see what I mean when you've got it). You can chat in groups of 2 or 3 or maybe more, or one to one. Very nice thing.

have fun

scottb
04-29-2000, 10:54 PM
Hey there, CT. Just to answer the other part of your question regarding "titles". We have many of them here - your title grows in conjunction with the number of posts here in the community forums. Sort of a little reward for community participation... ;-)

Cheers.
Scott

arcitect
04-30-2000, 05:24 AM
Are ICQ protocols MAC happy?

I have tried to access the chat room but it does not seem to be Java based, even though it loads Java applets. I get "wait a moment...", see the applet load and then nothing.

MAC users are people too!

(For the record, I am not an iMACker -genuine G3 and G4 PPC's, but iMACkers are people, right?)

llis
04-30-2000, 08:13 AM
About the chat room:

When you get into the chat room and the message comes across the screen.... please wait.... it does take awhile to load, but well worth the wait. If you have waited more than a minute...and 60 seconds is a long time... then try hitting refresh. Sometimes that will help you fall right into the chat room.

About ICQ... Those of us that have icq, which is a free instant messaging program, can be added to the list of other people who have the same program. But, you do not have to have ICQ to page someone who does have ICQ. All you need do is click on the green flower and send a page. They will receive your page and get back with you. Try it and see what happens. It's safe. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

arcitect
04-30-2000, 08:47 AM
Chat Room

I have waited a considerable time with no response. I have actually gone off and made a sandwich, watched someTV (no less), eaten, and returned to the same screen.

I have tried "refreshing", same story. Perhaps it is MAC thing?

scottb
04-30-2000, 10:35 AM
Arcitect - don't know what to say - I can't test it as I don't have access to a Mac. Anyone else?

What version of the JRE/JDK are you running on?

Cheers.
Scott

shair
05-27-2000, 11:22 PM
I have done OK in chat, and I am just a lowly imac-er. I have had problems at first, but I got a new browser, and now it works fine. Try Ie 5 and see if it works.

Sarah