05-14-2015, 11:18 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2015/141142-DSC09247.JPG

outsidemywindow
05-14-2015, 11:18 PM
I managed a watermark on the paper ,, lifes lesson learnt grrrr

tulabula
05-15-2015, 02:49 AM
Lovely work!
Sorry about the watermark, that sucks on a nice work like this!

outsidemywindow
05-15-2015, 03:54 AM
the guy whos puppy it is asked to buy it regardless so I am doing him another and sending a print water mark free for a cut price

raxu
05-15-2015, 09:01 AM
The puppy is so cute and well painted I don't see any watermarks or other things which would deminish the value of this painting. Great!

robertsloan2
05-15-2015, 01:46 PM
I can see the circle from setting down a bowl orcup on the paper. It doesn't interfere much with the art and you might be able to get rid of it by lightly spraying mist of water on hte back, not enough to soak but just dampen, then lay glassine over the painting, put a flat board over it and stack a lot of weight on it to dry flat. Might undistort the fibers that stretched out of position.

The painting is great! No surprise the puppy's owner loves this! Good likeness and the black paper really sets off the highlights!

water girl
05-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Oh, dear. I had a "water mark" appear in the middle of a finished painting when I put it on the patio table. I did not see the water from my iced tea glass. At least it was not on the actual painting. Would you mind sharing the size of your painting, the particular paper you've used, and the pastels? Also, if you ever want comment and critique, just add comment and critique welcome or C & C welcome. You have captured the "puppy" in your subject, for sure.

outsidemywindow
05-15-2015, 07:40 PM
yes of course watergirl I don't mind at all, its A3 on visual art paper, not high quality really but very very smooth, as I am newish to pastels it suits me better than a rough surface as I like to layer things and are still finding my way with papers and pencils, the pastels I use are mainly soft such as rembrant. I am struggling to find a really dark black pastel, so I layed in the really black black places like the pupil on the puppy, that's advise about how to try and remove the water mark. I don't actually know what glassine is sorry, thanks again

water girl
05-15-2015, 10:30 PM
I'd describe glassine as a really slippery paper. Has the feeling of tracing paper or waxed paper. Rembrandt does make a very dark black, but for small areas try a black PITT charcoal pencil. I also use a General's white charcoal pencil for small areas as well. You may not have the same brands where you live, but experiment with whatever brands you have available.

outsidemywindow
05-16-2015, 06:01 PM
oh nice that's wonderful advise thankyou

jackiesimmonds
05-21-2015, 07:53 AM
gorgeous painting of the head, tho if the ear is folded over, the white fur inside his ear would probably be in shadow and not bright white. ?

I cannot make out what the bulge is between his front paws. A ball? His tummy? whatever it is, I do feel it needs to be better explained visually.

Blayne
05-21-2015, 09:20 AM
Like Jackie, I could not figure out what that bulge is. Otherwise, I think it's a very good painting. You did beautiful work on his coat, showing the hair and sheen of it!

Bethany_Fields
05-22-2015, 10:17 AM
I see that "bulge" as being the other front paw folded underneath him. I think that other small paw is actually the back paw. Didn't bother me at all! I love this little guy. what a cutie! :)

Mettaphorica
05-24-2015, 04:34 PM
I saw it as puppy tummy. Gorgeous, btw.
Donna