PDA

View Full Version : My Little Treasure - WIP

Mettaphorica
05-11-2015, 04:53 AM
Hi all
In addition to the baby chicks painting that some of you helpfully commented on, I am hoping to enter this one into a show. The category I am entering these into is the theme, 'Little Treasures', which is open to interpretation, so I thought this Gentoo Penguin and her chick exemplified that.
The title will be 'My Little Treasure'. Still working on it, but wanted to post. If it doesn't turn out well enough, I won't be entering it, but thought I'd put it up anyway.
thanks
cheers
Donna
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2015/979263-IMG_4860reduced.jpg

robertsloan2
05-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Looks like you have a contest entry by theme and composition! Love the black feathers, both black and white are handled so well. Keep going! They're looking good!

Blayne
05-11-2015, 09:13 AM
You're doing a terrific job!

water girl
05-11-2015, 12:49 PM
I'd say this fits the theme very well and if I were you I'd certainly enter this in the show. You never know what the juror is looking for, so try not to out guess that person. I don't need to see the finished painting at this point because your compostion aids the story you are telling and you have the tools to finish this with style. Nicely done!!!

AnnaLisa
05-11-2015, 04:55 PM
So cute!
I like everything, but the light area of the 'stomach'? is very nice with its
effects!
Good luck with the competition!

pastel65
05-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Painting is impressive. Keep going! Pam :wave:

Mettaphorica
05-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Hi Robert,
Clever you! Yes, once I found the baby bird paintings (first the chicks, then this penguin and chick) I decided to run with this as my theme. If I can complete this one, and the little chickens in the barn doorway, I may even have time and room for a 3rd in the theme, so I'm hoping to enter 3 with this style of composition (baby bird and mum).

Thank you for the feedback on the blacks; sometimes a tricky area, thanks for the encouragement.

cheers
Donna

Looks like you have a contest entry by theme and composition! Love the black feathers, both black and white are handled so well. Keep going! They're looking good!

Mettaphorica
05-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Thank you Blayne, Karen, AnnaLisa and Pam for the encouragement I shall forge ahead!
cheers
Donna

Theodorablau
05-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Love your interpretation of the challenge! This is coming along nicely, the belly feathers are really well done!