PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

AnnaLisa
05-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been doing this in the spotlight. I need to make a temporarily framing
because I will show this only for some people in an event, so its not a selling
event.

So I can work on it a little more if I need to.

But I need your advice. Shall I paint anymore on it or shall I leave it as is?

I regret that I used such a small piece of paper (for me) 29x20 centimeters and
there is not much space around the flower. If I make a leaf in the upper right
corner, I can maybe show half and then the underside of the leaf be shown at the side (like you fold it without the edge)

I wish I could just leave it...I don't know what to do

Blayne
05-09-2015, 11:59 AM
IMHO anything detailed in the upper right corner might detract from the center of interest, which I see as the central part of the flower and the two, more detailed, petals below. I think this painting is beautiful as it is--and finished!

water girl
05-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Step away from the easel, step away from the easel!!! I'm with Blayne, it is perfect as is.

DAK723
05-09-2015, 04:14 PM
It looks finished to me! No reason to add anything!

Don

Mettaphorica
05-10-2015, 03:32 AM
Me too. Signed, the queen of overwork. :)
cheers
Donna

robertsloan2
05-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Blayne, step away from the easel. I see what you're talking about but don't fiddle with it or aim anything at the corner. It's very minor and the flower is spectacular, would be way too easy to distract from the flower rather than lead back to it.

Donna T
05-10-2015, 07:41 PM
So beautiful! Your use of soft or lost edges towards the back gives this so much depth!

pastel65
05-11-2015, 12:12 AM
No more leaves in my opinion. You have your highlights on the flower directing your eye to the focal area in center of flower. You don't want to lose this. I'm a little tempted to say put a little lighter green under the dark areas of the edges of the bottom petals of the flower since light against dark will make it pop but it's one of those things you have to try to see if it really helps. Pam :wave: p.s. I take pictures out of frames all the time to make a few changes after living with Them for a while. I don't sell, just hobby so I use the ready made frames.

Still-trying
05-11-2015, 04:57 AM
AnnaLisa, it is beautiful as is. Striking!! Just sign your name.

AnnaLisa
05-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Thank you all for your response!!!
So thats why I didn't want to do more, or didn't know what to do, because I don't have to do more:)

Blayne, that is what I was aiming for, the yellow centre in focus and then the 2 petals in more details coming towards you. I am glad that you think I don't need to do any more. Thank you for your comment!

Haha Karen, I have stepped away. I am relieved that I don't need to paint more on it. Thank you for your comment!

Don I am happy that you also think it is finished!! Thank you.

Thank you Donna for your comment!

Robert thank you. yeah I don't want to take the focus of the focus:)

Donna T, thank you very much, and nice that you saw my aim to use soft edges to get depth:)

Pam I need to hurry up to put it under glass and frame so I don't get tempted to follow your advice. Yeah its easy to take out a painting and paint some more, one has to be sure that it is finished when putting it in the frame so one can forget about it :wave: Thank you for your comment

Still-trying, I will sign it. Thank you for your comment as well!

Theodorablau
05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
This is lovely! I am with the others; don't touch it, it is certainly finished. Really well done!

AnnaLisa
05-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Thank you very much Theodorablau !!

I am very happy to receive nice comments from people who know how to paint:)

Thanks everyone