PDA

View Full Version : Fellow printmakers, please take a moment to sign our petition. Help save our Studio!

ItsARelief
05-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Red Deer College in Alberta, Canada is closing our printmaking studio. We, the second year Visual Art students, have started a petition to help keep printmaking classes running.
Please consider signing our petition and leaving a message outlining the importance of continuing to offer printmaking to students, to keep traditional and contemporary printmaking alive.
Every signature counts. Please share on fb.

https://www.change.org/p/red-deer-college-school-of-creative-arts-dean-jason-frizzell-visual-arts-rdc-solutions-for-sustainability

Elkana
05-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Such a beautiful studio. Tough one. I am not an experienced printer, but I am one heck of a strategist. If you want to PM me I can chat a bit about strategies rather than do long posts here.

If the end result is that you cannot keep it open, is there any possibility of working with a local artists guild and/or other community partners to acquire some of the equipment so you could sustain some capacity in the community. Red Deer has a reputation of working together as a community and there are ways to help yourselves if you are in a very committed mode on retaining the capacity within the community.