PDA

View Full Version : "She Left"

thevaliantx
05-03-2015, 06:14 AM
These flowers were given to me by my wife. A lady she took care of at the nursing home left to back home after recuperating from surgery. The flowers should be there, but before I proceeded I wondered whether I should leavrle the strokes 'as is', blend them to cover up the paper or just blend some areas.

maryinasia
05-03-2015, 06:21 AM
It looks complete as is, and fits the title.

Nick7
05-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Yes, it looks complete. No flowers needed, no blending. Your style is very interesting :)

Blayne
05-03-2015, 08:01 AM
This is very nice! The composition is haunting, mysterious for sure, and looks complete. It's so strong and desolate that flowers might add a maudlin touch. My only suggestion--and I could be wrong--is to bring just a touch of that wonderful purple from the back wall into some of the shadowed areas of the mid and foreground. Perhaps a cooler purple. You might try a bit inside the white vase on the chair and the white and blue containers. Maybe on the side of the upright white bucket to show contour. You don't want the purple to lose its strength on the back wall by duplicating it all over, but I think a little of it would be good to liven up shadows. I really like this!

thevaliantx
05-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Blayne, purple is my favorite color. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nick, I had to put some flowers in there. That was the reason I did this painting. My wife would kill me if she brought thise flowers home only for me to let them rot :)

thevaliantx
05-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Last night I worked on this to correct some things, primarily the chair. I also did some line work to accent some things and direct the eyes.

robertsloan2
05-10-2015, 07:52 AM
It's beautiful and the title's great! Yeah, helps to have the flowers in. Cool story and concept too, all your still lifes have a story!

thevaliantx
05-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the kind words, Robert :)