PDA

View Full Version : WEEDERS' MONTHLY - Our chat thread. MAY/JUNE

Charlie's Mum
05-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Happy May Day everyone!:) Hope you all danced round your Maypole ;);)

Barbara - good to see you again, we do miss our 'regulars' when they go off doing other things! Hope the depression lifted and you're feeling OK again.:)

Helen - guess DH will be back home by now - hope you're both coping well!!!;):lol:

Our glorious weather last week ended on Saturday and it's been very cold and windy since with heavy overnight frosts - no wonder the buds are not opening - they're too frightened of being nipped!!!
It warmed up a bit this afternoon and I managed to get the grass cut and trimmed - took a couple of hours but it always makes the garden look good!

It's a Bank Holiday here and, typically, the weather on Sunday will be poor:rolleyes:

Let's hope May warms all the northerners up quickly - in the US and over here! :wave:

eyepaint
05-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Woo hoo! New royal baby girl has arrived! And what a handsome big brother Prince George :) :) :)

CARTLEDGE
05-02-2015, 02:59 PM
:wave: The snow has FINALLY(!) gone from the garden. What a brutal winter. Quite the worst I have experienced since we emigrated in 1967. Took the opportunity to do some tidying up in the vegetable garden, and preparing for the raised beds that will be installed soon (I hope)
Sunshine = less painting time, so haven't had chance to do the WDE for May 1st yet. Congratulations to the Royals!
Rodney (alias CARTLEDGE):)

Valri Ary
05-03-2015, 01:47 AM
The weather is beautiful here and I'm in the NW of Washington State. You'd think since we live on the Pacific Ocean that it'd be chilly here but when we go into town and away from the water then it's cold by about 8 degrees F.
We've been mowing for about 5 weeks now and the lawn is so nice here. We got a new weed-whacker too. (pathetic that it excites me) LOL
So here's hoping the rest of you get some warmth SOON.
REMEMBER - over on Facebook, we're starting with a 15 day fish challenge if anyone would like to join in. Look up Painting Challenges - 10, 20 and 30 day long. Hope to see some new faces!!

Charlie's Mum
05-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Lol Valri - those painting challenges are too intensive for me - can't keep up!:D

Yes, a little princess - wonder what George thought when he met her?:lol:

Valri Ary
05-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Me and my big mouth! It started raining about an hour ago and now it's cold here again.......BRRRRRRRRR chilly cold

artastic
05-05-2015, 09:16 AM
gorgeous prairie days here, think I better put plates on my bike soon (only plate it for a few months in summer, cost so much for motorcycle plates) started re landscaping the back yard yesterday, this will be a summer project
we have our last guild show of the season this week (I dont think I will return, after being out of the guild for 3 yrs, thought I would try it again for a yr, and just dont have the time to give it the dedication it should have) so we have a three day show and the windup, then I dont think I will renew
I have a solo show booked for DEC, so want to paint up a series of new paintings, in totally a new way: landscapes of all things!
acrylics or oils with a palette knife !!!
I am also taking a sketchbook series of workshops, and want to do more urban sketching this summer and then regroup and tackle a new way of painting watercolors, so much to learn and so little time
Valry, did not get all the boats done, but will try and do all the fish, I have an idea...

Helen
05-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Everyone seems to be having the same weather grumps that we have. DH is getting discouraged but he is making progress, he thinks he should be able to do anything but the leg just isn't letting him yet. Gardening and bicycling season is upon us which is why he is antsy. Yesterday was beautiful and warm, today -- cold but sunny. I'm off to paint outside with some of my creativity students.

Hey, if you haven't done any of Valri's challenges -- get over there. It's a good way to experiment.

Charlie's Mum
05-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Hi Helen:wave:

Cold May here - today heavy rain, thunderstorms and hail - and cold!
tomorrow is supposed to be better ..... comes with living in the north - the south has been a lot warmer!:lol:

Looks like it will take time for that knee to work fully - hard for us when their patience wears thin!
I've ordered a magnetic lumbar belt/pad for my DH in the hope that at least it might alleviate some of the back pain ...... the upper leg muscles are still not working properly - neurologist is looking at some kind of myopathy but has also (is also) ordering nerve conduction tests - waiting for appointment!:rolleyes:

Yes, Valri's challenges are good practice but I just don't have the time to commit myself to them - don't like saying yes then not participating!

artastic
05-20-2015, 10:03 AM
we had frost on the wknd, but still got all my flowers out and the garden planted, now working on relandscaping the back yard
26 days till I leave for France have lots to do

Helen
05-21-2015, 11:11 AM
DH got some new exercises from his therapist yesterday, hoping that will help.

We had summer for a day, now it's back to cold but sunny.

I'm in the midst of cleaning and rearranging my studio. I keep getting distracted because I'm finding things I forgot I had. It's a slow process but worth the time -- I hope. One of my finds... a sketch done on our trip to England in '93.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-May-2015/998-England_trip_1.jpg
We called our trip "England's lambs and shutter dogs" because I was loving all the lambs and sheep while my spouse was looking for authentic shutters using shutter dogs. It was a good trip, I'd go back as there is much we didn't manage to see. However, that isn't in the cards for awhile, too many places here we haven't seen yet.

Bonnie, I need your energy!l

artastic
05-28-2015, 01:55 PM
countdown in, 18 days till we leave on vacation, and 15 working days left in my life (so far)

got the landscaping mostly done, edging in, perennials planted, still another load of topsoil and some rock to apply, but no rush, everything is mostly planted but the tomatoes and they are going in the garden this wknd

doing a 5km run this wknd, and have some performances to take in, theater sunday, concert sat night, a fundraiser tonight, everything coming in at once, then a couple wks to make up some stuff for the freezer for DH, (though he does cook, but have to spoil him a bit as he is house and cat sitting while I am gallivanting) and figure out the supplies I am taking and get my papers etc together
got another run on June 6, then it will be walk walk walk in france

I have a great person in training to take over for me, finally after all these yrs, got someone who is smart and ambitious enough to stick with it, wont worry about my client any more, then I see a summer of sketching or painting in the back yard or out and about, fishing, time at the lake, promised myself I would read the whole Outlander series too.
soon you wont be able to wipe the grin off my face.....

Charlie's Mum
05-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Helen - do come back!!!!!
Lovely sketch of the sheep:)

Bonnie - I can feel the excitement over here! I too wish I had some of your energy - I guess that's the difference the years make Helen - we get older without realising it!:lol:

tyree
05-30-2015, 10:59 AM
That is a lovely sketch Helen....and Bonnie, it sounds like you have a great plan...enjoy France, and i look forward to seeing your art work from there.....I have been working on getting my photos ready for the wde on June 12th...wow...when you have dial up , everything takes so loooooonnnggg !! I have 5 photos submitted to the library ..so far....someone will have to tell me how to submit the ref number onto my photos when I post them....its lots of work, but i am enjoying it...wow..its almost June ~!!! tyree:wave:

tyree
06-09-2015, 12:34 PM
ive been working to get my photos ready for the weekend (with Maureens great help!!) ....question..do I just let them know that my photos are in the reference library, I don't know how Dewi was able to put the photos in her thread and all you had to do was point your mouse at the photo for a larger image...maybe my computer is so slow and old that it wont let me do that, or maybe its the user herself:lol: tyree (btw, I couldn't find a June chat thread) :wave: .

artastic
06-10-2015, 11:31 AM
sorry I am going to miss your WDE Susan, hope you dont have any uploading problems

5 more sleeps and we are away, got half the packing done, have to figure out what art supplys I am taking
then also cleaning up my office at work as my replacement takes over on friday, when I come back it will be just to assist her with any questions and sign the paperwork and eat cake!!

tyree
06-10-2015, 11:59 AM
bonnie...I hope you will have a wonderful time...we will miss you !! tyree:wave:

Helen
06-15-2015, 08:06 AM
Life may get back to normal tomorrow. Grandson's mom is in Sweden for a month, our son has him full time while she's gone, school is out for students but not teachers so we've had him every day,,,, I'm tired. Today is the last day, Tomorrow I'm sleeping!

Charlie's Mum
06-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry not to see this post earlier Susan - and later I'll try to explain how to click on a pic to go to the RIL big version!:lol:

Bonnie - I know you'll have a great time in France - safe journey - I think today's the day?

Helen - that's why most parents have their children young!!!!!!!!:lol:
But I bet you've enjoyed having Warner all the same:)

BTW - I've updated the title of this thread to bring us into JUNE - someone tell me when it's JULY!!!!!!! :lol:

tyree
06-15-2015, 12:11 PM
that's okay Maureen,,,you put the view thread post so they can go to the RIL and that seemed to work....not to many have participated, but, I love the works that have been submitted so far (they still have tll the end of the week though:thumbsup: ) ,,and they seem to all pick different photos from my selection, so I was really happy about that ! tyree

Helen
06-17-2015, 09:57 AM
I think life is getting back to normal. I have some new pieces ready for a Pop Up Art show a friend is organizing... It's a one evening exhibit, she invites 9 other artists to show with her and it's a different venue every time. Here are three of the pieces I'm showing...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2015/998-A_Window_At_Lavendar_Hill_Farm_small.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2015/998-Conch_Cottage_2_small.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2015/998-The_Garden_Gate_small.jpg
I'll also have a few of my little gems in the exhibit (the 4x4s)
Now that I'm ready for that I can get back to the reorganizing in my studio. I've lost a few things since I started, can't remember where I decided they should go but as I continue to reorganize they will surface.

Charlie's Mum
06-18-2015, 11:20 AM
How big are these Helen? I like the scratchy lines, the bleeding. Like the last one particularly.

Hi all - chilly again here, it's warm down south but not up here!

Hope our friends in Texas are OK and safe.

Helen
06-18-2015, 08:37 PM
How big are these Helen? I like the scratchy lines, the bleeding. Like the last one particularly.
Thank you Maureen. They're 8" x 8".