LisaOlivarez
04-30-2015, 10:22 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2015/225111-Whiskey_Creek.jpg

LisaOlivarez
04-30-2015, 10:55 AM
C & C welcome.

Blayne
04-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Lisa, I like the colors in this but feel the painting jumps around too much. By that I mean the focal point of a painting is usually where you want the hardest edges and the greatest contrast between light and dark. In this painting, there are many areas all over it of great contrast and hard edges. Of course, that does give the painting a great deal of vibrancy, a look many people prefer in a painting, so I may be totally wrong in thinking it is a bit too busy! Please don't change anything based on my opinion--it is only one viewpoint, and your viewpoint is the one that matters!

LisaOlivarez
04-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Blayne, that's excellent feedback, thank you! It's already sold, so no worries, I couldn't change it if I wanted to.

I'm posting some of my work this week because I'm heading out to a residency/retreat and I want to make the most of my 2 weeks. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Blayne
04-30-2015, 05:45 PM
See, what do I know? Your buyer loved it! Congratulations on the sale!

I hope you enjoy your residency/retreat and return to post more. I admire your use of vivid colors and find it very inventive and inspiring!

Donna T
04-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the sale of this vibrant painting! You created a beautiful sense of light with those colorful strokes. Looking forward to seeing more!

LisaOlivarez
05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Thank you Donna and Blayne!

Nick7
05-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Congrats :)

I agree with Blayne. My first reaction was "What to look at?" and then I found the tree on the left where my eyes were finally happy :)

LisaOlivarez
05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
I struggle with whether to paint from my gut or from my training. The very word, "composition" invokes strong feelings of panic! Hopefully, I'll keep learning from the community, thanks again for the excellent feedback!