PDA

View Full Version : Obstacles

Merethe T
04-24-2015, 04:00 AM
Hi fellow dusties, it's been a long time (yet again...). I thought I'd stop by and see how you're doing, there's probably a lot of new faces here now. Painting has been on the backburner for a while for me, but I'm working my way back into it. As a result, ten unfinished pieces, lol! Yeh, I'm a bit all over the place at the moment but I'll get there eventually.

I thought I'd share my latest piece. I'm doing some other stuff then my ususal still life, so here's a go at figure. It's done on Sennelier La Carte, 15x18, done with a mix of Giraults, Unisons and Ludwigs.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2015/22081-Steg_4_cropx500.jpg

Blayne
04-24-2015, 06:46 AM
Very poignant pose! Beautiful work on the sky, the skin tones of the figure and and on the belt and pants.

Still-trying
04-24-2015, 07:21 AM
This is impressive.

Drbear
04-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Oh I really love this! It's beautiful! Is he in front of mountains? Do you have any photos of this showing your steps? I would really like to see how you did this! I really enjoy figures and I'm not very good at the back grounds yet but you sure are!

kentiessen
04-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Love the clouds!

water girl
04-24-2015, 12:52 PM
It's so nice to have you back, Merethe! This is very different from your last still life paintings. You have a beautiful touch when it comes to dramatic lighting, not matter your subject. Nicely done!

Merethe T
04-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Thank you all, I appreciate it! I forgot to mention that this is a practise piece, and I used a few different ref pics when I painted it. It is not intented for sale, it's just for me trying different subjects. It gave me a good challenge, both painting the figure and keeping track of the light with the different pics, and from your comments it seem to work. :-)

Calley, I think I have a few progress pics, I'll check. I did the background first, and then the figure. I have not finished the foreground yet, I was thinking of doing concrete fences. I was looking for a somewhat cold, industrial setting in front of him, but then mountains could work too, so I left that part unfinished for now. I'm glad you like it! :-)