PDA

View Full Version : WIP Window

thevaliantx
04-17-2015, 10:43 PM
This is my first attempt with Mount Vision pastels.....I love 'em! I can see myself becoming a Color Junkie :)

water girl
04-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Aren't the MV's wonderful? I have to know...smooth or textured.

thevaliantx
04-18-2015, 03:04 AM
Textured. I love the feel of rubbing against the tooth. I will try the smooth side but its pattern reminds me of the Strathmore stuff, so ....

thevaliantx
04-18-2015, 10:04 AM
I should have taken more pictures, but with all the mud (the grass got away from me) you would have seen the bulldozers bringing the dirt in :)

It did not help that I worked on this two different times of the day so all the lighting and shadows had swapped.

With the basic set I could not figure out how to enulate the sun on the fence posts. Is that supposed to be color of fence post + yellow? Adding white brightens things up, but unnaturally so. All in all I am pleased with my first attemp and am extremely happy with the Mount Visions. :D

Still-trying
04-18-2015, 10:46 AM
It's coming along nicely. Enjoy the MV I don't think the grass looks overworked. Maybe take a look at where the light comes from and the cast shadows on the window sill. Keep up the good work

thevaliantx
04-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Jay ..... I should have clarified. I am finished with that one. I learned that if you work on the same landscape for more than one session you have to either work in similar lighting conditions or account for the changes.

Something else I did not plan for was the size of the paper , and I did not have a frame that fits it well without some weirdly shaped matting. The basic set of Mount Visions didn't have some colors I thought I needed. Don't ask me to name those colors :D

I already have something else in mind.