PDA

View Full Version : walk in city park

Mamalynn
04-12-2015, 11:57 PM
This is ludwigs on wallis, 8x10. C&C always encouraged. New to landscape for sure.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Apr-2015/1761517-cityparkwalk.gif

robertsloan2
04-13-2015, 04:08 AM
Oh this is lovely! I like that late afternoon light all rose gold washing everything, the water and reflections are great, the trees gorgeous. Love those palms and the distant trees and willow. Beautiful sense of peace and expansive space in this painting. Very powerful atmosphere.

Blayne
04-13-2015, 08:40 AM
This is beautiful, MamaLynn! That warm, tropical light is amazing. I do think a little more detail on the center tree (weeping willow?) might be nice, since it is somewhat of a focal point. Perhaps not detail, exactly, but it is looking a little bit translucent yet I sense there is a greater density of foliage, if that makes sense. Just IMHO, if course, so proceed with caution, if at all!

Mamalynn
04-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Robert for your kind words. Thought you might recognize the place but I think they added "Big Lake" to City Park after you left.

Blayne, that might be the ticket. I don't like that center tree and thought about just wiping it out, but now I think I must better study weeping willows and make it more solid.

Equus Art
04-13-2015, 07:48 PM
The warm evening light in this painting is gorgeous, Mamalynn. You have captured it so well! The water reflections are very well done also.

Cat

Still-trying
04-14-2015, 06:38 AM
It made me feel good to view this painting. Nice!

Blayne
04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
I'm glad you left the willow in. It keeps the eye from straying immediately to the distance, allowing it to linger around that lovely lake. Willows are, IMHO, the easiest of all trees to paint because you can't see the limbs, just the squiggly, delicate, draping foliage with its separate strands, usually some touching or nearly touching the ground, that blow gently and gracefully in the slightest breeze. I think the willow's position there contributes to the almost cloistered atmosphere of heat and humidity conveyed so well in the lighting of your painting. You might want to soften the edges of its shadow just a bit to reflect the lacy nature of its foliage.

Mamalynn
04-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks so much Blayne for your suggestions. I worked on this before seeing your last post about the shadow and I think you are right there also, so will adjust. Here is the latest:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2015/1761517-cityparkwalk_edited-1.gif