PDA

View Full Version : Re: WEEDERS MONTHLY, our chat thread for APRIL

Scotkatidid
04-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Hey!!! where is everyone??? This is Now the 9th of April - no April news or are we all so depressed with the miserable weather we all seem to be having - everywhere in the world!!!?

Charlie's Mum
04-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Kate, you've now started the April thread - and so sorry no-one started it earlier! :lol:

Welcome to April and hope all had a lovely Easter!

Spring has sprung here at last, the weather this week has been glorious - almost summer in fact! Managed to get a fair bit done in the garden though still lots to do before planting can begin.:eek:

Do hope the Canadian spring comes soon - it's been winter there for too long!:eek:

artastic
04-09-2015, 03:55 PM
welcome april and spring!! yeah, I think it finally got here in western canada, certainly not the east tho

crispur2005
04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Well autumn/fall has thankfully arrived here and taken a bit of the sting out of the summer heat. There has been lots of rain and everything is growing like crazy making the garden lovely but also lots of work to keep it under control. I am loosing the battle at the moment. Unfortunately the rain is not falling where we need it most and drought is still a huge problem for our poor battlers on the land. I hope they get some relief soon.

eyepaint
04-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Slight change of host plans this weekend, so sorry for any inconvenience.
The AMAE team is hosting because Aussiesketcher had computer issues. Fingers crossed the computer behaves soon and we look forward to Aussiesketcher hosting soon ... our next opening is May 29/30.

tyree
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Slight change of host plans this weekend, so sorry for any inconvenience.
The AMAE team is hosting because Aussiesketcher had computer issues. Fingers crossed the computer behaves soon and we look forward to Aussiesketcher hosting soon ... our next opening is May 29/30.;;;ep...i would love love to...but im so terrible at it...last time i did it ..poor dewi had to come in and straighten out everything i posted.....i have dial up and the computer is old....but i have good photos and i like to give nice comments:heart: ....so if you want me, ill do it.....as long as someone is there to help me:eek: :lol: tyree

Charlie's Mum
04-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Susan - just choose a date and we'll be there!:lol:
Even help you upload those lovely photos to the RIL!:lol:

tyree
04-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Thanks Maureen...i put down for June 12 th ! :D tyree

Dewi
04-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Susan, don't worry we are here and glad to help and June 12 it is :wave:

eyepaint
04-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Woo hoo Susan!

jlloren
04-11-2015, 01:53 AM
Dear Ladies (and occasional gentlemen),
Hope everyone's doing great!
As a group, I am sure you can relate to my special request.
You see, I have a cousin named Elizabeth. She married late but was blessed with a son, Gabriel, in 2000.
Last Wednesday, after playing basketball (Gabriel is a member of his school's varsity team), Gabriel fell ill, complaining of severe headache and blurred vision. He was brought to the hospital but shortly after being admitted he fell into a coma. He passed away yesterday. It was an aneurysm of the brain caused by some congenital disorder in the way his veins and arteries were built. It could not be detected through regular check-ups.
Please pray for Gabriel and now for his mother Elizabeth. She was going through tough times before this happened and now she lost her only child. I'm sure your collective prayers and well-wishes will uplift her spirit.
Thank you.

eyepaint
04-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Oh Joel, how tragic. I'll be thinking of Gabriel and Elizabeth and you. Take care.

Charlie's Mum
04-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Oh Joel, what a tragedy for all ....... certainly I will be holding you all in mind - we are a 'family' here too.
Special thoughts and hugs.

Dewi
04-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Prayers for Gabriel, Elizabeth and her family, Joel may he RIP.

tyree
04-11-2015, 12:30 PM
joel...how very sad...our thoughts and prayers will be with the family..tyree

kordelia
04-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Joel, sweetheart... Fill her with God's Word! The Resurrection is not just a word, it's a PROMISE, and God always makes good on his promises.... Fill her mind and prepare her heart to see this beloved child again in the Resurrection ... God didn't "take" him.... He 's sleeping peacefully, in God 's memory, awaiting the Resurrection..... Honest, Joel, have I ever lied to you ?? Neither has God.... Hugs hugs.... Even Jesus wept with the loss of his friend, Lazarus, even knowing he was going to raise him again..... He wept for the sorrow the family felt.... Hugs, hugs, hugs..... Pass 'em on....:heart:

jlloren
04-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Thank you all for your words of comfort. I have been going to the wake everyday for the last 3 days and will go again tonight. Cremation of Gabriel is tomorrow.
Kordelia, the promise of Resurrection was the message relayed by the priest during mass yesterday. He also said that God gave Gabriel to his parents and it is part of God's great plan that Gabriel be taken back sooner than usual. I told me cousin about our "cyber-family" and how all of you are sending prayers and good wishes. She asked me to send thanks to everyone.
God bless!

Charlie's Mum
04-14-2015, 05:20 AM
Joel - I know how hard this must be for you all, and especially Gabriel's parents ...... continued prayers and thoughts.

Helen
04-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Oh Joel, I am so sorry, certainly prayers for both of them and all of you. Having only 1 son I can empathize, I cannot even conceive of what it would be like to lose him.

Hi to the rest of you, I was just popping in to let y'all know why I haven't been here. First, we took grandson and his dad to Disney World... great fun. Now we're back and finally DH is in the hospital having had his knee replaced. He's been putting it off for at least 10 years. He's not a very good patient so I'm hoping they keep him there awhile.

I hope to have time to take part in Val's next challenge on Facebook but I won't know until I see how he is doing.

Charlie's Mum
04-14-2015, 03:24 PM
He's not a very good patient so I'm hoping they keep him there awhile.
Had to laugh at this Helen - while we wish him the best, as you do too obviously, it's a nice little 'rest' to let someone else take care of the demands for a while ...... hospital visiting is demanding enough and you need time yourself to rest!
Hope the op. is successful and he's well again very soon!:)

Helen
04-20-2015, 03:51 PM
DH is now in rehab and keeping busy with physical therapy so I don't have to be there as often; however, it's further away so I'm still not getting time to do much else. He expects to be there until Friday; they aren't sure that he will be able to come home that soon. I'll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, I did get time to get a wde done yesterday but no time to see what everyone else has done. Maybe later in the week.

Charlie's Mum
04-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Hope all goes to plan for him Helen - you want him 'able' when he gets home!
Wish him all the best please!:)

LynneDe
04-22-2015, 08:35 AM
My condolences, Joel. The resurrection will be grand! I have many in my family sleeping in Jesus, awaiting His return...I can't wait!

Helen, my prayers for you also and your DH. I can understand to a degree what you are coping with. My own DH had a major stroke at 44, now 18+ years later and he's still not a good patient...but I wouldn't trade a grouchy moment of time with him for the alternative.... :)

Nice to get to meet you all here. And yes, in the Northeast of the USA, spring is finally here! Snow is melting quickly, maple sapping time is about over...and I finally have crocus blossoms in my yard. lol

Blessings to all!

artastic
04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Prayers for Gabriel, Elizabeth and her family, Joel may he RIP.
wishes for DH quick rehab and recovery Helen
welcome LynneDe

getting kind of excited as the countdown continues
40 working days left and 53 days till our paint group leaves for 2 wks in france
have lots to do yet, and still nobody trained to take my position....

Charlie's Mum
04-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi Lynne:wave:
but I wouldn't trade a grouchy moment of time with him for the alternative... ...... and this is what I tell myself when my DH is grumpy with the pains of his present situation!:)

Bonnie - those 40 days will fly by - and if your 'successor' hasn't yet been trained, tough! not your problem!!! .. at least I hope it isn't!!!:lol:

Helen
04-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi Lynne:wave:
...... and this is what I tell myself when my DH is grumpy with the pains of his present situation!:)

Bonnie - those 40 days will fly by - and if your 'successor' hasn't yet been trained, tough! not your problem!!! .. at least I hope it isn't!!!:lol:

Yes, Lynne, and my son and I often laugh about his grumpy ways, and tease him about them. Spring was here for a couple days, now it's winter again. 29 F this morning and snow yesterday.

Bonnie, those days will fly!

CARTLEDGE
04-24-2015, 05:28 AM
How awful. Yes, my wife and I will pray for the family. May God give them peace.
Rodney.

bjcpaints
04-25-2015, 09:58 AM
Hello and sorry I have been out of touch from here for awhile - life stuff, work, car problems, etc.. Yes, people have been grouchy here in the Northeast - endless winter and we are so sick of it. Sunny today, but still colder than average. I guess we will go from winter right into summer this year - no Spring.
Joel, sorry for the loss of your nephew. So sad. I have only 1 child as well and can't imagine my life without her and the grandchildren. Prayers for you and your family for some kind of closure and comfort. We take so much for granted everyday.
I got stuck in depression a bit myself and need to kick myself in the butt and get painting again and doing Tai Chi again. I t was really helping me and then I had to miss the last 3 lessons because of transportation issues.
I have 3 WDEs in acrylic I want to finish and then start a new cat request in pastel. Hopefully, this will happen soon (I need to be able to open a window to use pastels). Well, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and I will check back soon. Always so nice to "see" everyone here!:wave: