PDA

View Full Version : Steppin' Out -- SO much fun

TamiP
04-05-2015, 04:34 PM
I saw something one of my favorite current artists did and really wanted to give it a try. Certainly didn't come anywhere near her work, and this isn't a 'copy' of her stuff, but just the general idea of having something from a painting on a shelf come to life. I have to say, this was SOOOO much fun. It's far outside of what I would normally attempt. I'd love any suggestions of where I could make it better or comments on it.

TamiP
04-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Ack, I just realized I forgot to put an 'edge' on the canvas.

Rose4U
04-05-2015, 05:47 PM
This is great :)

TamiP
04-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Aw, thanks Rosanne.

ColinS
04-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Great idea. The corner of the other painting in the upper left is maybe a little distracting from your centre of interest. I like the birds.

TamiP
04-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks Colin. Okay, I can see where having that little piece of a painting showing would pull attention away. The wall looked bare though, but I think too, I could have had everything at the 'center' grouped closer to eliminate the 'big empty' feel I was trying to add to and I wouldn't have needed it.

I didn't plan this out, or look at anything to do this, so I was just adding as I went. I really didn't expect it to turn out, lmao.

LavenderFrost
04-06-2015, 11:30 AM
You sure are productive, I think you have a new painting every day. This is a really cool idea, might have to add that to my to do list. lol Nicely done.

TamiP
04-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Thanks Michelle. Yeah I've been trying to do a painting a day to try out new things and improve on trouble areas.

Fox_eNova
04-06-2015, 08:20 PM
How cool is that! Nice.
One painting a day? Takes me a month to come up with an idea of what to paint... :(

TamiP
04-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the nice comment Eric.

LOL yeah, sometimes I sit around almost all day before coming up with something, then end up painting all night (this is where being self-employed helps A LOT). LOL

I only got a background done so far today.