PDA

View Full Version : Here's this week's Marker Pen Cityscape....

JayCeeGee
04-05-2015, 12:57 PM
... Copics, Kuretake and and bit of whiteout and some Carbothello white pencil, on Strathmore 400 Sketch.

Folio
04-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Whoosh ... I like the sense of speed. Great work.

cjkok
04-06-2015, 06:24 AM
You caught the light on the platform and the tracks very well.

AnnieA
04-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Beautiful! These drawings of yours, JayCeeGee, are always so appealing; I think it's the combination the loose approach, light quality and the energy they all exhibit. There's more to them than one sees at first glance, I notice. There's subtle backlighting around the people, and the light is that odd color from - what is it, flourescent bulbs? And the glint of light on the tracks is a nice touch. These drawings of yours are very loose, but I'm seeing the excellent planning in them too. I guess you have to plan, as markers have a finality to them that other media, for instance oil paints, do not.

As an aside, it's interesting how much the underground train stations the world over apparently all look so much alike. I could easily imagine this piece representing a station in Seattle.

opainter
04-10-2015, 08:40 PM
I don't know how you were able to catch the image of the speeding train, but you did, and this is very beautiful! Great job also in getting the lettering to appear natural on the signs, and in getting the sense of metal (esp. above) and the sense of concrete (esp. below).

ColinS
04-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Yes I love the light on the platform. Really cool.