PDA

View Full Version : Purple Flower

TamiP
04-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Got the pic from the RIL here. It was a beautiful flower until I attacked it. LOL I just have such a hard time with flowers. Not really even sure why, but here's an attempt to practice for the challenge here and in the other one in the garden forum area. (Those people have nothing to fear from me, haha).

LavenderFrost
04-04-2015, 12:02 PM
It's still a pretty flower. A lot of people have trouble with flowers. I'm not sure what it is either. Myself, I just take it one petal at a time lol.

TamiP
04-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Maybe that's my problem Michelle. Good thought too. As I think about it I realize I may be focusing too much overall, instead of zoning in on each pedal.

ColinS
04-04-2015, 02:58 PM
I think this is quite good, Tami. Nice structure in the petals.

I find flowers a challenge too. I can't get them to look delicate. They look more like wheelbarrows. Michelle's challenge this month will be interesting.

TamiP
04-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Aw, thanks Colin. Yeah, it will be a very interesting challenge for me too. LOL

artrookie
04-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I think you did a very nice job with this one. I love the colors, and the contrast.

TamiP
04-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Thank you Jerry. I really would like to get better at the details of florals. They're so beautiful and "seem" so simple (ha!) and then they kick you in the butt.

LynneDe
04-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I work in air-dried clay for the most part, and prefer to do floral work...I can create the shape of them without difficulty and I can generally get the base color good, but when it comes to bringing them to life with paint/pastels/inks/etc, that's where I go flat. I hear the anguish on painting florals! I do 3-D and still cannot get them right!

Good luck with them, you have my blessings! No way can I put paint to paper to do anything beautiful...those who can have me looking over your shoulder to learn how. :)

LynneDe

LavenderFrost
04-05-2015, 11:05 AM
I should rephrase that, it's not exactly one petal at a time, but I look closely at each petal as I go. I recently made a time lapse video painting a rose so you can see all the layers that went into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUz8LvWzRHE

I plan to try to make another video when I work on this month's challenge.