PDA

View Full Version : A walk in the fens

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Accrylics on paper. This is an abstract using acrylics.

cliff.kachinske
04-03-2015, 07:45 AM
I like it. High energy, good colors. Lot of nice work there.

Not entirely sure about the balance. All the rightward brush strokes kind of push me out of the picture.

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Thankyou, its always good to get some feedback. Interesting what you say about pushing you out of the picture.

bluefish
04-03-2015, 10:00 AM
it pulled me from the bottom left into a thicket before I could escape out the top right....but it's nice in here, cool, dry and the chocolate bunnies are delicious!.....Happy Easter! :clap:

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 12:56 PM
thanks bluefish, glad you escaped eventually, i would like to stay in here forever!

Charlie's Mum
04-03-2015, 05:03 PM
A good place to keep your head down!
Doesn't say 'Fens' to me, but it's your homeland so it must be like this!:lol:
It says thorny, stormy, wild ....... full of movement and a bit of angst! ...... just like the winds that have battered us this last month!

Nice!:)

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes but then i think the fens are barren, rugged, beauty and very very FLAT, i was stressed with work though! There were alot of throny bushes come to think of it.

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 05:29 PM
This is why i hide in the abstact domain lol!

bluefish
04-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Joe....the 'fens' are so interesting, come out from under that 'abstract cloud' and do a Impressionistic 'fens'....we'd love to see one...:thumbsup:

not a photo realistic painting but your Impression of the 'fens'.....you would then be 'Joe Monet' to us!:clap:

'blue....:wave:

joelaidler101
04-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Jeez, i've never had an art lesson in my life, and i couldn't live up to some of the paintings in this forum i'm afraid. I just paint what i feel rather than what i can see. Thats why abstract suits me lol!In saying that i like a challenge so i shall give it a go. I shall try and do the fens justice.

bluefish
04-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Joe...thats what we like to hear....give it a go!....and I bet what you post will elevate you to the next level...don't worry about instruction, let it flow out of you....you have the creative ability, as witnessed by your abstracts, most people don't possess that creativity, so utilize it...its a talent given to us by the guy upstairs and he wants it utilized to the best of our ability...so go for it!....you are on your way to a fun career...

now Mr Monet wanna be, get that impression of the 'fens' going....:thumbsup:

'blue....:wave:

Margaret 59
04-04-2015, 02:28 AM
I really like this for the composition and spontanaity ( if that's a word):D

joelaidler101
04-04-2015, 12:45 PM
ah you are a nice bunch on here thanks alot guys, i'm glad you like it too!

joelaidler101
04-04-2015, 01:50 PM
'you have the creative ability, as witnessed by your abstracts, most people don't possess that creativity, so utilize it...its a talent given to us by the guy upstairs and he wants it utilized to the best of our ability...so go for it!....you are on your way to a fun career...' Probably the most supportive comment i've had in 2 years putting my stuff on here. Means alot believe me!