PDA

View Full Version : Jullian French Easel, drawer inserts

Steve Matthews
04-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Ever wish you had more storage in your easel? Well, I found some Plastic storage boxes that fit in my French easel drawer, though the tin liner and the stock palette must be removed, which increases the storage space. these boxes are available in the school supplies section at Walmart, Bi-Mart and some art supply stores, the photos are of the smaller plastic containers but sometimes I use a longer container which is full length of the drawer and I can fit two of them in my Jullian french easel. I like lots of paints and like to keep them all together and I like them sorted by major colors Reds, Blues and Yellows, I do know a painter doesn’t need as many tubes of paints as I have collected. I have oils and acrylics with these containers it's easy to switch over to the other medium by simply replacing my storage containers and brushes. I hop this information is of value to some of you, I know that I had a heck of a time locating something to keep my drawers organized, before I found these babies I would fold up my easel and lift it up and listen to all my paints fall to one end all jumbled and mixed up, now they stay organized, I'm sure all of you that have easels know what I mean. Happy Painting...it's been a while since I posted on this Wet canvas I guss I need to go through the three posts then I will load some pics for you..

Steve Matthews
04-02-2015, 01:25 AM
this is my manditory 2nd post before I can upload any pics of the plastic drawer inserts

Steve Matthews
04-02-2015, 01:59 AM
Ever wish you had more storage in your easel? Well, I found some Plastic storage boxes that fit in my French easel drawer, though the tin liner and the stock palette must be removed, which increases the storage space. these boxes are available in the school supplies section at Walmart, Bi-Mart and some art supply stores, the photos are of the smaller plastic containers but sometimes I use a longer container which is full length of the drawer and I can fit two of them in my Jullian French easel. I like lots of paints and like to keep them all together and I like them sorted by major colors Reds, Blues and Yellows, I do know a painter doesn’t need as many tubes of paints as I have collected. I have oils and acrylics with these containers it's easy to switch over to the other medium by simply replacing my storage containers and brushes. I hop this information is of value to some of you, I know that I had a heck of a time locating something to keep my drawers organized, before I found these babies I would fold up my easel and lift it up and listen to all my paints fall to one end all jumbled and mixed up, now they stay organized, I'm sure all of you that have easels know what I mean. Happy Painting...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2015/1801994-IMG_2565.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2015/1801994-IMG_2566.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2015/1801994-IMG_2568.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2015/1801994-IMG_2567.JPG

Steve Matthews
04-02-2015, 03:14 AM
I see that this posted into the New User section, however, I'm not a new user it appears that my old posts are gone and my account was reset. at least thats my speculation of what must have hapened to my old uploads and posts, by old I mean about one year ago. no problem for me I'm just explaining why this tip is listed in the new user section.

Yorky
04-02-2015, 03:20 AM
I'll pm you about your account. Which forum did you intend to post this in?

I removed your deleted posts.

Doug

LavenderFrost
04-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Wow, you have a lot of paint! The back of my easel has become a place to stick paper and scraps, and my palette when I'm not using it, but I never move mine. After becoming jealous of people and their Raskog carts from Ikea, I found what I could locally, a little bathroom cart from Canadian Tire for my paints and brushes. It works!

Steve Matthews
04-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Yes way more paints than one needs, as I have become more educated I find that I only use a small pallette of colors, it has also taken me many years to collect my art supplies, I have another easel that I now use for the oil paints, I have a french companion that I share between both easels. This year I am going to make an effort to do more painting so it's likely I will use up some of those paints, I'm not wealthy and over the years when I had a couple extra bucks I would get a tube or two of paints for when I am broke I can still paint.