PDA

View Full Version : Sennelier (so?) Abstract

Ladylabobo
03-31-2015, 06:48 PM
I have ordered some Abstract acrylic paint by sennelier (sp?) - has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts on it?

I was previously working with some very old reeves acrylics that were so thick it was hard to work with without diluting then it went curdled. Home bargains stuff is horrible & like water. I'm really struggling with the consistency of acrylics compared with oils but it's a medium I'd really like to get the hang of.

Sorry I'm having a brain fart. Back to my original question are Abstract any good?

idylbrush
03-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Sennelier is a good brand. Have not tried this line. Like the packaging very much. I certainly entertain the purchase of a few to kick the tires and run them around the block.

Charlie's Mum
04-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I like the look and sound of the packaging ...... it says 'super-transparent' so I'm wondering if there are any more opaque colours included.

Ladylabobo
04-27-2015, 08:25 AM
Thought I'd update on this. Still waiting for half the order from Jackson's so not best pleased about that as the mix of colours I have are a bit limited in what I can do.

Pros so far: consistent texture, smooth, very nice to use- strong colours & dry only slightly darker than when wet.
Cons so far: packaging means any trapped air causes a splat (see copper in the pic) so far I've had it in my hair, on my jumper and across the room while squeezing very lightly. Also seems somewhat inconsistent in package weight so some packs have considerably more paint in than others.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2015/1340680-image.jpg

Until I get the rest of my order (1month & counting) I can't try any paintings...

bluefish
04-27-2015, 11:01 AM
been working almost exclusively in acrylics for over 50 years and never heard of 'abstract' paint....there is professional grade and student grade...Sennelier was a late arrival on the acrylic scene but they make good products.....so I'm sure that you will be happy with the marketing ploy of 'abstract acrylics'....:thumbsup:

Ladylabobo
04-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Abstract is just the sub-brand name given to the paint it's not about abstract work and it was uber cheap which is why I asked what it was like. I feel there's an insinuation in your post that I was sold on a marketing ploy which is somewhat demeaning given you do not know me. Thanks for your attempt at patronising me with your 50years experience