PDA

View Full Version : Didn't burn it and what I learned from it

cliff.kachinske
03-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone for C&C on this painting earlier. Here's what I did with it.

After painting them a serious composition flaw emerged. The two blossoms on the left are in a vertical stack, which kills eye movement in this painting. To fix it I added the third blossom tucked into the shadows a bit.

I caused this while laying in the underpainting and losing the composition in the original design. So the lesson is, don't get carried away in the exuberance of the moment.

Enough blathering. Here's the painting.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2015/1965263-flowers-redux.jpg

cem
03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Hey, Cliff. Looking good. Great colors. And I think tucking that one into the shadows was the right thing to do. Nice painting.

cliff.kachinske
03-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Thank you Cindy.

bluefish
03-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Cliff.....love your painting....but IMHO, the orange flowers need the pollen area to be a dark brown polleny mass.....and maybe add a hint of deep yellow on some of the petals....just my take....love that big yellow flower and the background...nice job....

Charlie's Mum
03-30-2015, 05:07 PM
It really has come along a treat :)
Agree with Blue - but I also think that line with the orange flowers is detracting, so I'd add another dark, fading into the b/g and going off the canvas at the left - or even add two like that, becasue the eye stops abruptly there!
Love the greater emphasis on the orange though - turned out a really nice work here Cliff!:)