PDA

View Full Version : just dancing

jocko500
03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
acrylic 30x40
just finished this to day. I been working on it off and on for about six weeks.:lol:
c and c is welcome.

Charlie's Mum
03-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Interesting angle Jocko - gives dynamism to the work!

(Sorry, but you got the angle of the wall line a bit off there!;))

idylbrush
03-20-2015, 07:31 PM
I always look forward to seeing your work. They are so joyful and inspired. Wonderful.

jocko500
03-20-2015, 08:09 PM
I did have the angel on the wall as it is in the photo but i painted it out as i thought it would cutting into the man face. i could be wrong. but that the reason i did it

gaykir
03-21-2015, 12:06 AM
I enjoy these so much. Good idea to move that away from his face. My only tiny crit is that I think her head should be just a bit larger. Great floor!

Fox_eNova
03-21-2015, 01:32 AM
Nice lighting and yes, interesting view angle. I think her right arm is a bit too long and her right hand too small.

Wassie
03-21-2015, 03:30 AM
I like this painting. A couple critiques - her head is too small, collar bone to sharp, her right arm is too long and right hand is too small. And, yeah, the angle of the wall is not right.

ColinS
03-21-2015, 11:35 AM
I really like this one Jock. Like Howard I always look forward to one of your new paintings. The colours and modelling on the blue fabrics of the dress and the jeans are excellent. Wassie has noted the same critiques I would have about the woman. But great work and a super angled of composition.

purplepansey
03-21-2015, 11:55 AM
I like the unusual angle and an interesting and delightful painting.

LavenderFrost
03-21-2015, 12:54 PM
I like the angle, it makes it interesting. You already received critiques on the woman. The size of her head is especially noticeable.

airplanz
03-21-2015, 01:25 PM
The only thing that really doesn't look right to me is the orientation of the wall clock. Bottom edge of the clock should more closely follow the wall moulding that intersects with the woman's face. Top clock edge should be more aligned with the paint direction in the wall in that part of the painting. Then again, maybe it was intended for the clock to look skewed? Maybe the vibes from the folks dancing knocked the clock off-kilter?

Nice thing about angled compositions is that you can take some liberties with sizes, shapes and perspective and the painting still seems to work just fine :) .

I really like your painting a lot, it tells a nice story of two people enjoying themselves. Let the good times roll :clap: :thumbsup: .

Jim (airplanz)

Charlie's Mum
03-21-2015, 04:58 PM
I did have the angel on the wall as it is in the photo but i painted it out as i thought it would cutting into the man face. i could be wrong. but that the reason i did it
I agree with you about the position of the line cutting through the man, but I'd have kept the angle correct and just moved the line ........ but we each must work things out to our own satisfaction.:)