PDA

View Full Version : Juried "Cityscapes" competition; deadline 3-27; no cash prizes but other advantages?

AnnieA
03-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Juried "Cityscapes" competition; deadline 3-27; no cash prizes but other advantages? X-Post from the Cityscapes/Urban Art Forum.

First, a disclaimer: I know nothing about this gallery or whether entering their competitions is a good step to take. Yet, the entries for last year's competition looked very good, and they were from all over the world, and they claim they provide very extensive publicity and are especially geared toward helping new and emerging artists. Sounds good, eh? But it's easy to sound good online, so if you're interested, I'd make sure to research the gallery and the competition a lot more before entering.

So, while I was fooling around on the web this afternoon, Ihappened upon a art competition by a gallery called "Art Space and Time." They do monthly competitions on different subjects. The winners do not receive cash, but apparently do receive extensive valuable publicity. Here's a link to info about the 2015 "Cityscapes" competition. (http://www.lightspacetime.com/current-online-juried-art-competition/) And a direct link to the entry form is here. (http://www.lightspacetime.com/online-art-competition-submission/)

So here's what they say about what they'll do for the winners:

Light Space & Time conducts monthly themed online art competitions. The winning artwork is promoted through the gallery to over twenty-two thousand visitors each month. Each winning artist also has news of their participation emailed to over six thousand gallery owners, corporate art representatives and decision makers in the fine arts field, who subscribe to our bulletins.

And here's how they describe the gallery:

About Our Gallery

Welcome to the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery. Light Space & Time was created to assist new and emerging artists gain competition experience in juried art shows. The gallery works to help participating artists develop their art resumes and obtain exposure to decision makers in the art world.

Light Space & Time conducts monthly themed online art competitions. The winning artwork is promoted through the gallery to over twenty-two thousand visitors each month. Each winning artist also has news of their participation emailed to over six thousand gallery owners, corporate art representatives and decision makers in the fine arts field, who subscribe to our bulletins.

John R. Math, the director of Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery, is a fine art photographer. John has successfully marketed his work through art galleries and art representatives to corporate art markets. When he first embarked on his career, John participated in online and “bricks and mortar” art competitions and exhibitions. Through time, he developed his resume to the point where gallery owners and artist representatives took him seriously. John thought it should be easier to break into the art world. He formed Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery as a way to more quickly identify talented artists and market them to the art world.

Light Space & Time does not sell artwork. Any and all purchase inquiries are directed to the artist.

The copyright to all the artwork shown on the Light Space & Time website is that of the respective artist and none of the artwork may be reproduced without the written consent of the artist.

Winners of the 2014 "Cityscapes" painting competition (they had other categories) can be
found here (http://www.lightspacetime.com/cityscapes-painting-other-category/). As I said, all the work that saw appeared very professional and well done.

As I said above, I have never heard of this gallery before, but I thought it might be worth looking into further for some WC artists.