PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the Sun

purplepansey
03-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks to RIL for this photos which captured my fancy. Thought I'd give this a try but was not easy as I painted it on an old previously painted canvas. Acylics 9 by 12.
Critiques most welcome :crossfingers:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Mar-2015/52562-Fun_Day.jpg

ColinS
03-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I quite like this as it's a style I find appealing. Great sense of sunlight and shadow.

Here are my minor comments (these are only offered as minor criticism):

The bodies of the figure on the left and the figure in yellow seem a bit off. The back of the figure in yellow especially.

I also think there needs to be a hint of a darker colour at the horizon line to keep the sky and the water from merging.

But I really like this a lot. It's fun and breezy and there's lots of good work here!

AprilJoy
03-02-2015, 12:20 AM
I like it!
The guy in yellow has a funny shape and the purple dress blends in a little.
That's it- small stuff- you did good :)

Tripod
03-02-2015, 06:40 AM
It is a smashing piece and the figures read fine to me, just that one point about the lines and the sea merging.

purplepansey
03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Thank you Colin for your input on my painting and your critique, have to agree with you on all. :thumbsup:
Thank you AprilJoy for your comments as well appreciate you took time to look and add your input:clap:
Thank you Tripod for your input as well, much appreciated.:cat:

LavenderFrost
03-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Nice work, really captures the feeling of a sunny day.

ArtMusicFilm
03-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Great painting! I love the bold colors and texture!

Paul

dceska93
03-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Love the textures throughout the painting. I feel like I am there enjoying the view!

purplepansey
03-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Thank you Paul, happy you like the bold colors and texture
Thank you as well Darren I'm happy you like my painting and are enjoying the view.

Charlie's Mum
03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
I noticed the impact - and liked it - before noticing the small errors and that says a lot to me!:lol:

Real feel of sun and sea and that feeling only found on a beach!

It also reminds me of 'The Boating Party' by Renoir - yet it's nothing like it! Must be the light and the way the Impressionists often captured it!:)

purplepansey
03-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Thank you Maureen for the kind input. Yes, it does remind me of a boating party too but not of Renoir's. :cat: