PDA

View Full Version : How to price editioning

urbanacheiver
02-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Hi. Does anyone know of any resources that give information/advice on how to quote for an editioning job? Specifically etchings on copper? Best to price per hour or by print? Cost of proofs? Does printer keep a 'printer's proof' etc etc. Many thanks in advance

DaveAndrews
02-27-2015, 05:18 PM
I've paid by the print and have always given the printer at least one proof, keeps him sweet and it's traditional. He likes me to provide paper and ink. Saves me a ton of time.

lovestofish
02-28-2015, 11:46 AM
There's 3 ways I know of to pay the printer and in any of the options the printer gets a proof as does any assistant involved. 1) Printer and artist split the monies made from the anticipated future sales of the prints ---- no cash up front 2) by the job in its entirety 3) by the print. Other than that you are going to get a wide array of answers, none of them correct or wrong given it is a mutually agreed business decision between the printer and the artist.

DaveAndrews
02-28-2015, 06:20 PM
I believe that the proof given to the printer is marked P/P: Printer's Proof, but you'd need to check that as my memory is a bit vague on this.