PDA

View Full Version : Is the reference library not working?

Blayne
02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
When I try to do a search in Images, I get this message:
Not Found

The requested URL /search_redir.php was not found on this server.

I first got this message when I tried from my Kindle several weeks ago and just figured it was WC not liking my tablet. Tonight, I tried it on the computer and get the same message.

DAK723
02-16-2015, 10:24 PM
There are lots of different search button in various places. Unfortunately, not all of them work. The one nearest the top - on the same line as the channels pull-down - doesn't work, to my knowledge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Feb-2015/82335-search_no.jpg

I think there are various search locations within the reference library. I would try those and see if you have better luck!

Don

Devonlass
02-16-2015, 10:45 PM
If you go to 'Content' in the top dark blue bar, third from the left and then select 'Reference image library' at the bottom of the drop down menu.....that works...at least it does for me.

Blayne
02-16-2015, 11:22 PM
Thank you both! Don, that one you put an X through is the one giving me the Error page. It's the only way I knew to access the image library and the one I always used successfully--but that was several years ago.

Carol, I tried your suggestion and it works. Let's hope I remember!

Thanks so much, both of you, for such quick responses!

Barbara WC
02-16-2015, 11:26 PM
I get to it in a very long way-

I go to the "Reference Image Library" forum, then go into "The New Reference Image Library" thread, and click on the link there, which is this one:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/

I mostly paint from life now, sometimes from a special photo I've taken, so haven't been there in a long time, but this link seems to work for me tonight.

Blayne
02-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Barbara, thank goodness you posted that link! I was just about to appeal again for help because, while the Content button worked fine from my computer, nothing at all happens when I try it on the Kindle Fire. But your link works. Thanks ever so much!

robertsloan2
02-17-2015, 12:05 AM
I think I'm glad I don't try to go online with the Kindle. It's much easier for me to use my laptop and if I'm at home near the modem, I'm where it is. Don't have roaming mobile access.

Blayne
02-17-2015, 07:12 AM
Robert, my Kindle Fire is lightning fast, and now I get frustrated when I use the laptop--which is a fairly new one, very fast. (And I love the Swype keyboard. In my younger days, I was a transcription typist and could easily transcribe at 80 wpm. Now, I'm so used to Swyping, I can hardly type!) I did download the Dolphin browser for my Kindle and use it when I occasionally happen across a form or a video on a website that doesn't work well with the Silk browser. But Silk has gotten much better with recent updates. So I'm very happy with the Kindle Fire--just occasionally have to find a work-around, like the link Barbara posted. And I'd love to have your version of the Fire, with both cameras! However, I've discovered that, by using a mirror to see what image my front facing camera is seeing, I can take a pretty good pic of things other than selfies--like my paintings!

ural jones
02-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Robert, my Kindle Fire is lightning fast, and now I get frustrated when I use the laptop--which is a fairly new one, very fast. (And I love the Swype keyboard. In my younger days, I was a transcription typist and could easily transcribe at 80 wpm. Now, I'm so used to Swyping, I can hardly type!) I did download the Dolphin browser for my Kindle and use it when I occasionally happen across a form or a video on a website that doesn't work well with the Silk browser. But Silk has gotten much better with recent updates. So I'm very happy with the Kindle Fire--just occasionally have to find a work-around, like the link Barbara posted. And I'd love to have your version of the Fire, with both cameras! However, I've discovered that, by using a mirror to see what image my front facing camera is seeing, I can take a pretty good pic of things other than selfies--like my paintings!

Lord have mercy! You young'uns are amazing with all this fancy stuff!

Blayne
02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
LOL Ural! This "young'un'" is staring 70 right in the face (and my face already looks 70). :) I would highly recommend the Fire for even the most computer illiterate--it's dead easy to use, and with that Mayday feature where you call for help when needed, you're only 30 seconds from getting answers to any questions about using it.