PDA

View Full Version : they are here ☺TL

VeroK
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Just have to tell you that Mr. Deliveryguy was here.
They. Are. Here. Theyareheretheyareheretheyarehere!!
Am slightly hyperventilating. .
I'm now the very proud owner of the TL most loved basics.:lol:

Have to keep them away from the kids. so they will be hibernating a while.
But..
have I told you? ?
They are here!!!!

OK
Deep breath

I am calm

but-> they are here!

For all of you that are "collecting by proxy " -thank you, Robert :thumbsup: - I try to attach a picture of my jewels

Greetings from Austria
Vero

blr2449
02-05-2015, 03:07 PM
They look so pristine and pretty. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Still-trying
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Vero, I'm so so happy for you. I hope you just love them when you use them. Can't wait to see something you do with them. Enjoy

Drbear
02-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Don't hibernate them get painting!!!

Dedrian
02-05-2015, 10:39 PM
We share your joy! Probably the only pastel I don't break intentionally.

robertsloan2
02-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Vero, they are beautiful! A good compact palette! Have fun, start painting!

stapeliad
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Oh my gosh I have the SAME reaction to getting new long-awaited art supplies! :D You might be a little calmer though. :D

Have to keep them away from the kids. so they will be hibernating a while.

Oh yes. If the kids see them you must threaten Dire Consequences if they even look at them!

ENJOY! :heart: :D

VeroK
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Thank you all :)

I can breathe a little better today. .

Dear Stapeliad, haven't you noticed the bottle in the Foto? How do you threaten "dire consequences " to a 16 month old? 😁
The older one (ripe old age of 4) almost gave me a heart attack when he wanted to show the box to papa.. climbed onto the table to get them and RAN to us waving the box...
I am soooooo glad he didn't slip..

As to painting, I 'm sorry to disappoint you for now.
The room where my drawing table is is just accessible 2 steps. The rest is crowded with boxes and lots of other stuff. And no way am I leaving my "precious " out in the open wilderness of the living room. . You never know what these "nasty hobbitses " are up to.

Greetings, Vero

Nick7
02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
LOL Vero, congratulations! :)

allydoodle
02-07-2015, 06:06 PM
So funny!! Enjoy your new pastels, I have this set and it's a beauty. I understand about kids, they just don't know what they are messing with.........:lol:

robertsloan2
02-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Ouch! Sounds like you have some organizing to do to create a space to paint. Maybe carve into the pile build some ramparts of stuff the littles can't get through and set up for still life in the middle of it. Box studies?

If they were cats I'd suggest a water pistol or spray pump, but little humans sometimes like getting squirted and come back for more.

Nick7
02-07-2015, 07:09 PM
If they were cats I'd suggest a water pistol or spray pump, but little humans sometimes like getting squirted and come back for more.

:lol::lol::lol: I wouldn't add WATER in the "mix" of kids and pastels :lol:

robertsloan2
02-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Right, Nick - but when it's cats zapping them once will give it some discouraging effect. I usually only have to wave the cat sprayer and say "No" to give Ari the idea. If he still doesn't comply I bring it quite close to him and get him right in the face. But I try to get him before he's in the pastels.

DBfarmgirl
02-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I am always grateful to find I am in such good, like-minded company.
enjoy them, they really are special.

AnnaLisa
02-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Congrat! I know the feeling:)
I agree that its fun to be in good company that understand the fun
with pastels

Nick7
02-13-2015, 08:34 AM
So Verok, how is your breathing? :D Have you had a chance to paint? :)

VeroK
02-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Hello all:wave:,

sorry Nick, I must disappoint you. Breathing calm and relaxed but no painting here- short hospital stay instead, and one day recovery at home.. everything ok by now but the kiddies did miss me and I canīt walk out of sight of my girly.. she is a litte clingy..

Only thing colourfully new is my knitted cap- I couldnīt find a warm one for me in this house-of-chaos so I had to knit one myself.. unfortunately for this months spotlight itīs blue not red....
I really donīt know when I īll be able to paint:clear:..

Thank you all for your comments, and no, I wont mix these hobbitses with water outside the bathroom....
Bye for now, Vero

Nick7
02-14-2015, 06:46 AM
I am sorry to hear that you had to swap painting for a hospital stay :(

Feel better soon.

stapeliad
02-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Feel better! :heart:

robertsloan2
02-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Vero, that is so rough! I hope you can get well soon and get back to painting. I hate hospitals, that must have been such a nightmare.

Still-trying
02-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Vero, I'm sorry to read that you had a hospital stay. I hope everything is fine now. Yes, the little ones do miss us if we have to leave. Pastels will be there waiting for you.

Jay.

VeroK
02-19-2015, 05:27 AM
Oh my, Thank you all for you wellwishes! (is that a word??)

Dear Robert, I can understand you hating hospitals- I would too, if I woulnīt work in one (even then I sometimes loathe what happens inside...)- of course Iīm still a Stay-at-home-mom until September so I can safely stay away:angel:.
My hospital stay was just one day-> In-and-out so to speak with a short nap in the OR thrown in.. Now everything is fine again. Iīm free to enjoy this absolutely marvelous cold I cought somewhere.. kiddies look at me funny when I try to shout - Mommyīs voice is deeper than daddie`s??!!:clap:

As for the "working/painting" room, we plan to clear it during the summer- itīs too cold to finish the isolating and flooring in the attick where much of the stuff is supposed to go:) right now!

So now I go back to lurking around the spotlight (learning so much just from looking!!) and reading past spotlights on my smartphone when Iīm sitting in the childrenīs roomwhile waiting for them to fall asleep. There is sooo much knowledge bundled in there! How did I miss it so far?! *shakesheadembarassed*

Bye for now and have a wonderful, colourful time!!
Vero