PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to pastels!!

Drbear
02-05-2015, 08:14 AM
This was my Dakota pastels delivery yesterday...Blue Earth FULL SET!! and Maggie Price basic values Terry Ludwigs!!

Schappell
02-05-2015, 08:52 AM
So jealous! They look great, hope you enjoy them!

Leelanau
02-05-2015, 09:11 AM
I have pastel envy. I received an order too, but nothing of the quality you have there.

robertsloan2
02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Oh that is awesome! They should work well together, the Blue Earths are also in the super soft category but maybe a little firmer than Ludwigs. You're going to have a wonderful time with these. And never lack for the right value for what you're doing - you've got the Tonalist setup! Fantastic!

Thanks for the photo! Too cool. Pastel collecting by proxy is almost like getting new ones myself.

stapeliad
02-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Serious pastel envy! They are gorgeous! Enjoy them!! :D

water girl
02-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing the photo. Those BE's look pretty enough to paint!

Blayne
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Wonderful that you got that full set of Blue Earth! Let us know how you like them. We don't hear much about them on WC. And the Maggie's are nice, too.

Still-trying
02-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Happy happy painting. Thanks for showing us. Enjoy!!

Bethany_Fields
02-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Oh yum!! Yes, I'm curious about the Blue Earth ones - I have the Maggie Price set and have loved it so much. :)

Dedrian
02-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Such beauty! I would love to know what you think of the Blue Earth pastels. I have bought a few and really enjoy the buttery soft texture.

Drbear
02-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I agree the blue earth sticks are buttery soft and not as dry as the TLs I think! But love them both more than any other brands! The boxing and layout of both in the picture really helped me with learning understanding and using values in my painting! I recommend them to anyone struggling with tone and values!

getdusty
02-06-2015, 08:21 PM
I love the way the Blue Earth look; haven't tried them yet, though.

allydoodle
02-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Gorgeous pastels, have fun with them!! I don't have this brand but I'm sure you will enjoy them!

AnnaLisa
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Wow! These looks great.

I was just going to show my new pastels when I saw this. I have only
one BE and I like it. I like the size, and its a bit Heavy and they lay very good. Have fun!!!
And it would be great to see your paintings with all these nuances.

robertsloan2
02-09-2015, 12:18 PM
One of the good things about Blue Earth is their tiny size. They are very good for plein air. Richard McKinley put a full range into a small wood box, think it was a small Heilman and it didn't even fill it - but you then have a huge range with a full range of values ordered by hue and value, easiest to use.

Their box is interesting. A little tricky to put the top slotted foam back on but taking it off makes them easy to get at and keep in order. I have the little landscape set of 21 and a half dozen extras, bright spectrum colors chosen to supplement the 6 color primary sampler. I get tempted to get the warm range Portraits box sometime too but that's not high on my priority list because I have so many pastels and because I do so much more in landscapes than portraits.