La_
02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
just need some new eyes

20 x 16, oils on board

thanks for looking =)

la

birdhs
02-01-2015, 06:23 PM
LA-long time no see! Your art is as exciting as ever.

languid, smooth
exxxaggerated for high visual effect
this is absolutely captinivating
colors are balanced and elegant

these old eyes are in love with this piece

greggo

pamkarb
02-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Lovely colors indeed. Love the elongations - pretty good effect. Looks like a fairy tale painting to me.

Nit pick - the head feels detached from the torso due to its orientation.

Jon
02-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Interesting way you have elongated the mother figure. Is this elongation a statement about how mothers can be stretched as they tend to all the duties of motherhood?

I like it.

La_
02-02-2015, 11:47 PM
stretched to the max
stick your neck out
shirt off your back
give your right arm
to help those you love

or something like that

thanks for your eyes guys, 'preciate it :):thumbsup: :heart:

la

jimwhalen
02-03-2015, 06:36 AM
Of course there's the meaning conveyed through you style, which is so very appealing...what hasn't been noted yet about this piece is your brilliant use of color. It is not only a pleasing pallet, but underscores your message in the way it harmonizes everything in the frame...as a mother works to make a harmonious environment. :clap:

cmallav
02-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Made me smile :-) This is how I look at the end of the day! Love everything about this..her elongated body, posture and the colors! Nice work!

Katie Black
02-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Its lovely but I think its a tad confusing because she doesn't appear to have a neck, her head seems weirdly disconnected from her body, but I would imagine you could fix that easily enough as I really think this one would sell quickly, being so nice on so many levels.

davefriend
02-03-2015, 03:45 PM
How evocative this is! How much drama can one find in exhaustion? Evidently a lot! Very very good! It is almost like her head is about to roll off her knee and I don't know if her arms still have the strength to catch it before it rolls away!

You have used the elongated figure to your advantage and the colors are wonderful! I would also comment about 3 things.

The first is the left side of the painting and the very vertical line of the material draping down. On the same side the arch of the draped material is too careful not to infringe into the domain of the vertical pale blue/lavender line - compare it to how freely you have broken all verticals on the right. The last is a minor one, the detail of the draping material falling from her thigh looks unfinished and I'm sure that is just the effect of a WIP.

Overall it is wonderfully interesting and should be a great painting for someone if you ever let it leave your possession! :lol: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

La_
02-03-2015, 11:09 PM
thanks guys! good thoughts to chew on, will tweak it and letcha know how that works out =)

la

chunbumpark
02-05-2015, 02:47 AM
I like this a lot. Really elegant way of manipulating the figure into a nice composition

Gollator
02-08-2015, 04:23 PM
what an exciting and wonderful painting this is. Took me eons to find the child, though, but this pin points how mothers are and should be ;)

The fluid composition you create by bending and twisting is simply amazing. The curtains are of a color that stands out, but they are still in the background because the eye is awe-struck by that figure(s).

Beautiful.