PDA

View Full Version : Editing photographs for painting

Art Leat
01-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Having watched several of Johannes Vloohuis's painting demos, I have been intrigued by how he uses Photoshop to improve the composition of reference photographs and students homework images.

Which version of Photoshop does he use?

Will he perhaps consider giving a class on how artists can use Photoshop in this way?

oCDs01-711
01-31-2015, 07:38 PM
What a great idea!

Shirley:wave:

Johannes Instructor
02-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Having watched several of Johannes Vloohuis's painting demos, I have been intrigued by how he uses Photoshop to improve the composition of reference photographs and students homework images.

Which version of Photoshop does he use?

Will he perhaps consider giving a class on how artists can use Photoshop in this way?
Ok I will consider this. We can do a follow along with projects.

AppalachianArt
02-01-2015, 08:05 PM
This would be great! I have tried doing searches for information about this, but get a lot of info about digital painting but not editing reference photos for traditional painting. I received Richard Schmids book, The Landscapes, for Christmas! Wow! I set the book up and took some photos of my favorites to further study in PS. I wonder if there are more ways to further analyze the paintings besides black and white and color checking?? I searched for over an hour a few nights ago and couldn't find any information. Does anyone know some useful tricks for studying?

Banner
02-02-2015, 12:36 AM
I would be very interested in some lessons on editing photos for painting .Putting together different parts of one photo into another. YES PLEASE JO

~JMW~
02-21-2015, 03:58 PM
A thread with links to other photo editing programs - some free ones..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1367573

AppalachianArt
02-21-2015, 04:24 PM
My wife and I got each other a new computer for Christmas. I usually browse everything on my phone, but I ran across a review or ad for Fotosketcher in a different forum on WC. I thought it may be useful, so I followed the link to download it on the desktop. My computer got a nasty virus that I couldn't get rid of on my own! Cost $75.00 to fix brand new computer! Needless to say, I don't think I'll try that one again! Although, other people use it without problems it seems, so who knows.

~JMW~
02-22-2015, 01:06 AM
My wife and I got each other a new computer for Christmas. I usually browse everything on my phone, but I ran across a review or ad for Fotosketcher in a different forum on WC. I thought it may be useful, so I followed the link to download it on the desktop. My computer got a nasty virus that I couldn't get rid of on my own! Cost $75.00 to fix brand new computer! Needless to say, I don't think I'll try that one again! Although, other people use it without problems it seems, so who knows.

You really have to be careful of where you are downloading programs from, if they have a site of their own , that is the best place.
But there are legit and non legit download sites.. check them out before clicking to download..