PDA

View Full Version : PanPastel blender in a pan

Sunione
01-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Recently I bought a PanPastel that was labeled as a colorless blender. Anyone else have experience with this? I was not thrilled with it but thought the idea was super and believe that this is a good start.

robertsloan2
01-29-2015, 07:40 PM
I have the colorless blender pan too, got it with my set of Mediums. I love the iridescent black and white Mediums. Haven't really experimented much with the colorless blender pan, tried it to extend out some color and it didn't seem that transparent to me, gave a slightly milky look over color. But I'll try it again over colored paper and see what happens.

robertsloan2
01-29-2015, 09:28 PM
I got it out and played with it in my sketchbook. I covered most of the page with it and started swiping black, Raw Umber, blue, violet, deep colors into it. Sure enough they didn't come out strong until I went back much later with another bit of black to deepen some darks. All those mid-grays are painting right into the colorless blender to get a softened color.

I'd thought that might be the best way to use it and I was right. I could soften a passage putting the clear blender under it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2015/70184-1-29-2015_Storm_Pans_Sketch.jpg
Stormy Sky
8 1/2" x 11"
Pan pastels on medium weight drawing paper

blr2449
01-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Looks like lightning strikes!

robertsloan2
01-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Purr thank you! It might even have been easier erasing through the clouds because I had the layer of colorless blender under them. Sometimes with other dry mediums, whatever color goes on first will stain the paper.