PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a piece of software

JayD
01-15-2015, 10:21 PM
There is a piece of free software that I can no longer find from Autodesk which is Sketchbook Express Copic Edition for the Mac--It was made as as a partner project with Copic Markers and was available for free on the Apple site for a while but now I cannot locate it.

I had it and currently do have a PC version but i want to replace my Mac version.

I like this software because it matches the exact set of copic markers that I use in a lot of my non digitial work.

I had a lightening strike on my MAC which took out the Mac and my external hard drive--I had not yet backed up this software and other installers to my cd collection which is my usual habit. I really would like to replace the software if possible.

So far i have come up with dead ends--even the site in Japan is coming up empty.

If anyone can put me onto a legitimate source for this software, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Elainepsq
01-17-2015, 11:57 AM
I tried Google, and came up with this page:
https://imaginationinternationalinc.com/copic/inspire/news/autodesk-and-copic/
and then followed the link to here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/sketchbook-products#?sort=score

hope it helps! I'm so sorry to hear about your MAC. I don't know your situation, but I hope you have a good surge protector for the future. I highly recommend an external hard drive and try using Time Machine to backup. Time Machine comes with your MAC, and handles backing up automatically. If you ever have to restore your computer, it is a matter of attaching your external, and one button, and Time Machine does it! I keep my external attached at all times, and back up constantly, but you can also hook up the external and manually backup at regular intervals, say, every day or every Monday.

JayD
01-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Elaine--I have had to listen to all of my friends and family ask me with with wide eyes and tilted heads "didn't you do a back up?. Well...I thought I did and that external hard drive (verbatim) was obviously not the ideal best idea---lesson learned...not so smart as I thought I was. I had all the bells and whistles surge protectors, backups but I did not copy my stuff to cd--fatal mistake---I lost an entire digital (3d models) zoo back up for my Inworldz virtual zoo not to mention paintings, drawings, documents and many memories and installers. Like I said--hard lesson learned.

Thank you so much--I will check out these links. :-)

UPDATE: Thanks for trying Elaine--came up empty--looks like it's been pulled--so if anybody still has it, they are darned lucky. I will just have to be content to have it on my pc--my mac is more of a joy to use and is not as fussy but i think I can mimim the copics on artrage or painter. Thanks for trying! :-)