PDA

View Full Version : Signature Membership MPS

Potoma
01-05-2015, 08:11 AM
I am very happy to report that I was juried into Maryland Pastel Society as a Signature Member. It feels great. Now I can be "Bonnie Ferguson Butler (https://www.facebook.com/BonnieFergusonButler) MPS" if I want. (Please like!)

Next up, but down the road...Signature PSA!

robertsloan2
01-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Wow, congratulations! I noticed you were also doing 30 paintings in 30 days, that's a wild challenge. Wrong time of year for me to have a go but so tempting.

Potoma
01-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Hi Robert,
Thanks!

It is proving to be a difficult time to do 30 in 30 for me, too. I need too natural light to paint and photograph paintings and the weather just isn't cutting it for me. Too many other distractions as well. I will plug away, but I won't be as successful as last time, yet any productivity is good productivity, eh?

julieindvik
01-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Congratulations Bonnie! That is very exciting! BTW...Where is the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge?

Blayne
01-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Congrats, Bonnie! What an honor!

And good luck on those 30. Do you choose images and cut (if necessary) your paper ahead of time so that those decisions are made and tasks done? I can dawdle around for an hour just trying to decide what surface and what size I want to use.

water girl
01-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Congratulations! We love good news!

Potoma
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Blayne, last time, I resued old paper from paintings taht I wasn't going to finish. Some had just eatercolor underpainting, some had pastel. I just taped off the paper into a smaller grid and worked that way. I was doing 2.5x3.5 for the holidays. This time, I did tape out one into 4 5x7s, but have only done 1.5. Of course, today is clear and beautiful and I have a day full of activities and can't paint until later, at best.

Julie, you can google 30 paintings in 30 Days and find Leslie Saeta's blog on it.

julieindvik
01-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks Bonnie! I found Leslie's blog and I'm all signed up! I think this will be very good for me. I had just gave myself a flower a day challenge but this is better..

Congratulations again and I didn't mean to side track your thread.

DAK723
01-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Congratulations, Bonnie! :clap:

Don

Potoma
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks very much, Water Girl and Don.

You will enjoy it, Julie. I need to get it in gear. I especially like that it isn't a painting a day, so it's okay to knock out several small ones in a single day or work on larger ones over time.

getdusty
01-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Congratulations, Bonnie!
Will check out that 30 day thing; that would be one way to paint more. Never think about small sizes that are much more doable...

allydoodle
01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Congratulations Bonnie, way to go!

I was thinking about that challenge, I'm not sure I can commit to it. The fact that it's not a painting a day makes it more doable......

Donna T
01-05-2015, 07:17 PM
That's great news! Congratulations Bonnie!

robertsloan2
01-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Actually if it's not a painting a day it's very tempting, because I could try to get more done on good days. I have yet to break through and do more than one painting or drawing in a day, think I did that once last fall.. might have to look it up and see if that's possible.

I went ahead and signed up. This is day 5 and I've done four pastels so far. I'm going to keep everything in pastels, not worry about size or anything else about it, and try to catch up the one I missed on the 3d. It shouldn't be that hard. But even if I don't make it, I'll do a lot more than if I didn't try. Thanks for telling me about it, Bonnie!

bnoonan
01-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Hurrah for your accomplishment and taking the challenge of painting a lot. It's a winning combination!

Potoma
01-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Barb!

Yes, practice! I may watch some Jen Evenhaus to loosen up with some quickies.