PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy Corner - January 2015

PaintDog
01-02-2015, 08:51 PM
First Scratchy Corner of the new year!

Best wishes for a great 2015! :D

Foxyheart2002
01-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Nothing art-wise from me so far. My husband had his foot operated on, I am awaiting an art festival and then my total knee replacements. In 2 weeks there will be tours of artist's studios in our county......I am on the tour this year.

My husband commented the other day that the food we put out for our resident stray cat was being eaten wayyy too fast (all gone by a.m.) so I put our trail camera on our porch. In the past we have had scads of raccoons, stray cats, skunk (!), but not this time. Now we have a fox......

Hope everyone's year will be a good one.

Diane Cutter
01-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Hoping 2015 is great for everyone.

Nothing new for me either art wise... I'd had some distractions over the last couple of months, biggest of them a triple bypass for my husband. I've been lurking in a big way, just no art and no WC posting.

I've decided I have to get a space heater for my studio. It's the coldest room in the house and having to dress warmly to do anything there is keeping me out. Any suggestions for an economical space heater?

Diane

Obedec
01-03-2015, 12:06 PM
It's not "that" cheap, but one of my neighbors got an electric fireplace for about 150...it's awesome, ambience and heat.
I've got a whole lot of felted commissions to do. This will be my first whole year of being master of my own time and I'm working on making sure that Art is a lot of it. Just started my second piece of scratchboard for the new year, inspired and intimidated by all the work I'm seeing. I'm so rusty, and so are my blades but hey, this year, I'll do it because I love it, not because I'm competing. It's a good feeling. It's gonna be a great year. My diabetic eye issues are almost healed and then, I'll watch it closely so I don't develop any more issues that might get in the way of Art. And, I did re-join ISSA. Happy New Year Everyone!

SandeVBL
01-03-2015, 06:37 PM
A fox that close? Get photos!! Hope your recovery goes quickly, Sue, and that you feel up to doing some scratching during it all.
My Christmas 'present' this year is some new big floaters in my other eye making it more difficult to do the scratchboard right now. So I've decided to spend this month doing some scratchboard for short periods, but also try doing some painting again. Haven't done much for some time. The painting doesn't bother my eyes like scratchboard does. I expect that after a while the floaters will improve some or I'll get more used to them. In the meantime it's plan B. :)

Foxyheart2002
01-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Diane, we use the oil-filled radiator type heaters in our rooms. They do our place OK. There are no electrical coils to worry about sparks.

Thanks, Sandra. I also have floaters and I think it's a matter of trying to forget they are there. MY left eye sometimes feels 'blind' because of a large one, but it comes and goes, just floating around, lolol.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2015/22615-JAN2015_000FOX.jpg This is the best photo yet. The trail camera is night vision for now.

SandeVBL
01-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Sue, it's got kind of a nice graphic quality to it. But it makes me feel like I'm looking through the floaters :)
I guess quite a few of us have to deal with floaters. There could be worse things...way worse.

Foxyheart2002
01-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Lol, Sandra, do you blink a lot trying to get the floaters to move? Sometimes if you move your eyeball really fast they don't catch up with the movement and you can get them out of the way..... Yea, lots worse things.

SandeVBL
01-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Yes Sue, I'm learning all the tricks. But thank you for the suggestions.

RSchafe
01-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Hello everyone, hope you all will have a great 2015.

Just wanted to pass the word that the 2014 ISSA workshop videos are now available for purchase from ISSA. You can also get the 2012 and 2013 videos from the same site.

www.scratchboardsociety.com/videos.html

The 2009 and 2010 Indianapolis workshop videos (pre-ISSA) are also available. They are free and can be found on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/user/RichSchafe/videos

Rich

Snow Dance
01-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Great news, Rich! Can you tell us the price for the memory stick version? Thanks.

Becky

RSchafe
01-10-2015, 01:38 PM
The price varies by number of years and video format (which affects the size of the USB stick) and location (which affects postage). If interested, use the form at the bottom of the ISSA video page to request a quote. The extra cost typically runs about $12-17 in US.

Rich

Obedec
01-18-2015, 12:15 PM
I had a question on something last night and I knew I had Diana Lee's book. So, I cleaned out most of my spare room (accomplishment right there) and found my book. I started looking at it and the next thing I knew, it was midnight, whatever reference I was looking for is totally gone out of my head and there's drool marks all over the book...who's writing the sequel?

Foxyheart2002
01-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Lol, the book IS good isn't it!