PDA

View Full Version : Flowers

sun_merman
07-01-2001, 02:30 PM
Looking for comments...this was just for fun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2001/Flowers.jpg

Kandiman
07-01-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by sun_merman
Looking for comments...this was just for fun!

And the others aren't fun? :D
Just kidding!
The combination of the orange and purple flowers is really eye catching. :D

NorahT
07-01-2001, 07:26 PM
:) Hi sun-merman, I love the colour combination on the flowers and the big, full bouquet. The painting has a sunny, happy feel to it. However, I think the table and floor do not add to the painting. I have taken the liberty of cropping the picture to show mainly the flowers, just to show you what I mean.

Keep up the good work.

RuthT
07-01-2001, 10:48 PM
Hi sun-merman - I think you are off to a good start with this painting. I like the grouping of the flowers, table, and window. To my eye it needs some added tones, and shadows. The light is obviously going to come from the window, so the flowers would have shadows on their lower petals (possibly cobalt blue),more shadow on the front flowers and very little on those near the window, and the front side of the table would be darker, and the front of the legs darker still. There would be a shadow under and in front of the table (possibly purple, which would pick up the purple in the flowers). I'm not an expert on shadow colours, so perhaps someone else might know better what these colours should be. Also I have no idea what shape the shadow beneath the table should be; if you painted from an actual table, a quick look would show you the shape.
Hope this helps. It definitely has charm, good work sun.

Rod
07-02-2001, 05:53 AM
Just some cast shadows on the table and under the table would be ideal,
Rod.