PDA

View Full Version : Today Only - Big Blick Coupon 30%

robertsloan2
12-26-2014, 05:23 PM
That just blew my mind. It lasts till midnight tonight. Usually they only do 20% off and the "free shipping" at $79 is cool - but it's 30% off and Free Shipping at $79. So Blick is trying for that last bit of post-holiday budget you have.

I am so glad I looked, because I got in a Google payment and had enough to do an order after throwing out everything that wasn't affected by the coupon. Stood to reason to maximize the coupon effect.

So if you're not broke, you'll get the best deal of the year today.

Davkin
12-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks for letting us know, apparently they never sent an email. I've been planning on buying a couple large cradled panels but have been putting the purchase off because they are kinda pricey but now looks like I have a good excuse.

Update: You have to pay attention, apparently the 30% only applies to items they don't consider to be on sale even if it's an "everyday" sale price, (how can a sale price be everyday?). In other words unless the the listed price is full retail the 30% discount won't apply.

julieindvik
12-26-2014, 08:20 PM
The sale started a couple of days ago. I was going to order some Terry Ludwigs True Lights open stock at TL but for $64 at Blick for 30 sticks in the set I couldn't resist!

robertsloan2
12-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Yay, Julie, you found something in the coupon-applies category that you needed. That rocks that the Ludwig True Lights set was included.

The 10-sheet packs of Canson Mi Tientes weren't included. The "everyday sale price" pricing or rock bottom pricing eliminates a fair number of things but they usually are very low prices compared to other sources. Individual sheets of Canson Mi-Tientes or Bockingford tinted watercolor paper were eligible, so I got all six colors of Bockingford at last.

I first heard of it when I bought Watercolor Secrets from Bob Davies, a huge DVD set of good watercolor lessons. He occasionally uses tinted Bockingford as a special effect and uses the white Bockingford regularly.

I didn't see this sale in an email either. I just happened to go to the site to see what coupon was up because I still had some money after getting the Ludwig Holiday Sale offer. This was pretty incredible though, combination of low free shipping threshold and biggest coupon of the year was awesome. So glad you found your pastels at it!

Heh now you have me second guessing what I bought and whether I could've gotten the Maggie Price TL set instead. But I'm happy with what I got, will do the Maggie Price set later on sometime. Or maybe just put it together myself from open stock because I think things like the violets overlap it.

David's right! You really have to watch what is affected by coupons and what's not. When I've got a good coupon I toss all the rock bottom stuff into the saved for later list, then will get those things on a different order when there isn't a good coupon. Or when it's just a low free shipping threshold.

DBfarmgirl
12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
I saw this sale too. Jerry's is running one similar. - jackfrost is the code.
Christmas, after Christmas.
I'm still deciding what I "need".

julieindvik
12-27-2014, 11:24 AM
The Jerry's clearance sale is good too if you are looking for large sets. They have some Rembrandt's and Sennlier sets at rock bottom prices.

Robert, I am always surprised that the Ludwigs are discounted with the Blick coupon. It gets the price down to about $2 a stick! Blick had a 25% sale about a month ago and it included the TL full set with a notation it was discontinued. I was very tempted! But I calculated the cost still at $2 a stick so opted to the smaller sets. Now I see Blick doesn't have the full set any more. I wonder I'd that's temporary or if a Terry is going to be exclusive on them.m