PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Corner - December 2014

Crias
12-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Things have been pretty quiet around here recently. Hope everyone is, thus far, having a good winter!

Happy Holidays to my WC friends!

shodansword
12-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Here in Canada where I live (Ottawa area) it is snowing and we are expecting around 8 inches or so between today and tomorrow.

A WHITE Christmas :clap: :clap:

Now, if only my Scratchbords, ink, etc. order from Jerry's would get here, I'll be all set :crying: Meanwhile, I'm playing on paper backed boards, so at least I'm scratching!!:thumbsup:

Rob

shodansword
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY AT MY HOUSE!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My order of Scratch tools, a selection of Ampersand Scratchbords and my Ampersand Inks finally arrived!!

:thumbsup::clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

and on top of that great news, one of my books Diana Lee's "Starting from Scratch" arrived today too!! :clap: :clap:

I have to run now, I have some Scratching to do :D

Rob :heart:

ggart4u
12-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Happy scratching Rob!

Looks like a lot of us are busy working away at holiday goodies - art, family, friends and so on. My wish for all of you this season is, however you celebrate it, all the best and a New Year of health and happiness!

Merry Christmas! :heart:

shodansword
12-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Merry Christmas to all as well and a very Happy New Year!! :wave: :clap: :clap: :D

Rob

Foxyheart2002
12-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope your year will end on a good note and may next year be full of joy and promises fulfilled.

Obedec
12-19-2014, 12:23 PM
For me, it's time to start thinking about the New Year's Resolutions. I usually come up with a bunch but some drop out of sight pretty quick. One I've maintained though is that I would e-mail my mother every day, even if it was just to say "I love you". I've been doing that one for two years, but I always resolve to do it again. The week between Christmas and New Year is my testing ground. One of my resolutions this year is to scratch more. I've spent a lot of time admiring everyone else's work, went back through my files and realized I've only done two pieces (small) in the whole year! Ack! How did that happen. I so wanted to put something in the best of the 2014, but neither of those two pieces moved me that much. So, one of my resolutions is to not only scratch more, but to scratch more beautifully. I want to enter several shows, Art Show at the Dog Show submission is due January 9, but that's going to be a felted pieces and then there's the Morris and Essex show, a show that only comes up once every FIVE years, and of course the Federal Duck Stamp. And of course the big one...just keep scratching! Merry Christmas to everyone, and what's your plan for the New Year! Oh yes, re-join ISSA, in fact, I may go do that right now. It's so nice to be retired and be able to make plans.

Obedec
12-19-2014, 12:24 PM
For me, it's time to start thinking about the New Year's Resolutions. I usually come up with a bunch but some drop out of sight pretty quick. One I've maintained though is that I would e-mail my mother every day, even if it was just to say "I love you". I've been doing that one for two years, but I always resolve to do it again. The week between Christmas and New Year is my testing ground. One of my resolutions this year is to scratch more. I've spent a lot of time admiring everyone else's work, went back through my files and realized I've only done two pieces (small) in the whole year! Ack! How did that happen. I so wanted to put something in the best of the 2014, but neither of those two pieces moved me that much. So, one of my resolutions is to not only scratch more, but to scratch more beautifully. I want to enter several shows, Art Show at the Dog Show submission is due January 9, but that's going to be a felted pieces and then there's the Morris and Essex show, a show that only comes up once every FIVE years, and of course the Federal Duck Stamp. And of course the big one...just keep scratching! Merry Christmas to everyone, and what's your plan for the New Year! Oh yes, re-join ISSA, in fact, I may go do that right now. It's so nice to be retired and be able to make plans.

PaintDog
12-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Karen, I hope all your plans fall into place for 2015, and I wish everyone a very happy and creative new year!

I'm delivering #4 of 5 Christmas gift commissions this afternoon. #5 still needs to be sprayed and framed and will be delivered later - it's for friends who live a couple of hours away, we'll get together to visit when schedules permit. I also have a small color pencil drawing of their dog to do, so I'll just deliver both drawings at once. This group of 5 was quite an assortment of animals and media. A horse (pencil), 2 dogs (scratchboard), a cat (mixed media), a dog (mixed media) and a motorcycle (scratchboard).

I have a couple of scratchboard pieces I want to do for myself, so now I can get started on those. They're bigger too! One's an 8 x 10 of a bear cub in a tree (from a friend's reference) and the other is a 9 x 12 of a Sheriff's Dept. K9 hanging out the window of the patrol car (my reference).

I tortured my dogs with Santa gear the other day. They got over it. Here they are for your amusement. The Border Collie is lucky I don't have access to a larger sized Santa suit ;-). I'm not sure I would have put her through it though, she's a dignified senior. The little guy (Chihuahua mix) can handle it and he's a good sport!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2014/93895-P1110085_upload_wc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2014/93895-P1110100_corr_upload_wc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2014/93895-P1110138_upload_corr_wc.jpg

Foxyheart2002
12-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Hahaha, love these Ann! Almost as good as the Jerusalem Cricket .....that poor bug!

lorna12
12-27-2014, 04:07 PM
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas? I haven't been here much this year and intend to rememdy that for 2015. I did come on last night and posted in the best of 2014 and then WC must have gone offline because I couldn't get back in.

Going to post a couple of small ones. I hope everyone has a healthy, happy and properous New Year! Be safe!

PaintDog
12-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Happy New Year, my scratchy friends! I hope 2015 is a creative and terrific year for us all!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2014/93895-party_magpie72.jpg

ggart4u
01-01-2015, 07:50 AM
I agree!